SAP Fiori as a Cause of Innovation and Sociotechnical System Arising
Maciej Suder, Tadeusz Gospodarek
Citation: Communication Papers of the 17th Conference on Computer Science and Intelligence Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki, D. Ślęzak (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 32, pages 287–291 (2022)
Abstract. Implementation of an ERP system in manufacturing organization is closely related with customization of the standard prototype of the system offered by a software house. In case of manufacturing health-care products some additional aspects to standard information circuits must be added. These mean QC, ISO, FDA requested data have to be processes parallel to bookkeeping ones. In this paper the use of SAP Fiori in the QC process in inbound logistic is presented. Adding SAP Fiori to the existing SAP solution allows to create sociotechnical informal group of the users having new key competences. It allows to achieve some benefits measured with CBA method for the organization. It was concluded that integrated IT systems of ERP class may develop sociotechnical systems in organizations used them leading to reengeneering processes and transition changes. A case study of changes inside a map of process of the manufacturing health-care products plant is presented and discussed.
- Barney, Jay. B, 1995, Looking Inside for Competitive Advantage, Academy of Management Executive, Vol. 9, Issue 4, pp. 49-61
- Cossio, Miguel, 2018, Use Total Cost of Ownership to Optimize Costs and Increase Savings, Gartner Research, Document No. https://www.gartner.com/en/documents/3847267
- Ghosh, Koustab, Sahney Sengeeta, 2010, Organizational Sociotechnical Diagnosis of Managerial Retention: SAP – LAP Framework, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol.11, Nos.1 & 2, pp 75-88.
- Gospodarek Tadeusz, 2012, Aspekty złożoności i filozofii nauki w zarządzaniu, Wydawnictwo WWSZiP, Wałbrzych.
- Gospodarek, Tadeusz, 2015, Systemy ERP. Modelowanie, projektowanie, wdrażanie, Helios, Gliwice.
- Kimberling, Eric, 2020, Top 10 Manufacturing ERP Systems, https://www.thirdstage-consulting.com/top-10-manufacturing-erp-systems/
- Kotler, Philip T., Armstrong, Gary, (2007), Principles of Marketing, Pearson, London.
- Layard, Richard and Glaister, Stephen, (1994) Cost-benefit analysis. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/39614/1/Introduction_%28LSERO%29.pdf
- Mumford, Enid, 2006, Researching people problems: some advice to a student, Information Systems Journal, vol. 16 (4) pp. 383–389, http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2575.2006.00223.
- Parmenter, David, 2019, Key Performance Indicators: Developing, Implementing, and Using Winning KPIs, 4th Ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc, Hoboken, NJ.
- Porter, Michael E., 1985, Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance, Simon and Schuster, N.Y.
- Nonaka, Ikujiro, Takeuchi, Hirotake, 1995, The Knowledge-Creating Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation. Oxford University Press.
- Sartori Davide, Catalano Gelsomina, Genco Mario, Pancotti Chiara, Sirtori Emanuela, Vignetti Silvia, Bo Chiara del, 2015, Guide to Cost-Benefit Analysis of Investment Projects. Economic appraisal tool for Cohesion Policy 2014-2020, European Commission, Brussels, https://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docgener/studies/pdf/cba_guide.pdf
- Takeuchi, Hirotake, Nonaka, Ikujiro, 1986, The New New Product Development Game, Harvard Business Review, January-February 1986, https://hbr.org/1986/01/the-new-new-product-development-game