Performance Evaluation Of Multi-Hop Relaying IoTs Networks Using Hop-By-Hop Cooperative Transmission Under Impact of Co-channel Interference
Ngo Hoang An, Nguyen Ngoc Son, Nguyen Quang Sang, Doan Van Dong, Lam-Thanh Tu, Tran Trung Duy
Citation: Proceedings of the 2022 Seventh International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vu Dinh Khoa, Shivani Agarwal, Gloria Jeanette Rincon Aponte, Nguyen Thi Hong Nga, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Ewa Ziemba (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 33, pages 63–68 (2022)
Abstract. The performance of the multi-hop relaying networks applied to Internet of Things (IoT) networks is investigated in the present work. To ameliorate the reliability of the whole network, for each hop, we employ cooperative communications subject to co-channel interference. In particular, several cooperative schemes are applied in the present work namely, incremental relaying, selection combining, and maximal ratio combining. In this context, we derive the exact closed-form expressions of end-to-end (e2e) outage probability (OP) of the whole systems over Rayleigh fading distribution. Numerical results based on the Monte-Carlo method are then employed to not only confirm the accuracy of the proposed mathematical framework but also to illustrate the advantages of the considered schemes compared with the conventional multi-hop relaying without using cooperative communications
- P. N. Son and T. T. Duy, "Performance Analysis of Underlay Cooperative Cognitive Full-duplex Networks with Energy-Harvesting Relay," Computer Communications, vol. 122, pp. 9-19, Jun. 2018.
- H. D. Binh and S. Q. Nguyen. "Outage Performance of Energy Harvesting DF Relaying NOMA Networks," Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 1572-1585, Dec. 2018.
- S. Q. Nguyen, H. T. Nguyen, D. V. Dong and W.-J. Hwang, "Exact Outage Analysis of Cognitive Energy Harvesting Relaying Networks Under Physical Layer Security," EAI Endorsed Transactions on INIS, vol. 6, no. 18, pp. 1-15, March 2019.
- T. H. Nguyen, et al, "Performance Analysis and Optimization of the Coverage Probability in Dual Hop LoRa Networks With Different Fading Channels," IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 107087-107102, Jun. 2020.
- L. T. Tu, et al, "Performance Evaluation of Incremental Relaying in Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks with Imperfect CSI," in Proc. of 2020 IEEE ICCE, 2021, pp. 472-477.
- L. -T. Tu and A. Bradai, "On the Performance of Physical Layer Security of RIS-aided Communications," in Proc. of 2021 IEEE CAMA, 2021, pp. 570-574.
- P. X. Nguyen, et al., "Backscatter-Assisted Data Offloading in OFDMA-Based Wireless-Powered Mobile Edge Computing for IoT Networks," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 9233-9243, Jun. 2021.
- H. D. Hung, et al, "Security-Reliability Trade-off Analysis for Rateless Codes-Based Relaying Protocols Using NOMA, Cooperative Jamming and Partial Relay Selection," IEEE Access, vol. 9, pp. 131087-131108 , Sept. 2021.
- T. Van Chien, et al, "Outage Probability Analysis of IRS-Assisted Systems Under Spatially Correlated Channels," IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 1815-1819, Aug. 2021.
- Pham Ngoc Son, "Joint impacts of Hardware impairments, Imperfect CSIs, and Interference constraints on Underlay Cooperative Cognitive Networks with reactive relay selection," Telecommunication Systems, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 65-76, May 2019.
- J. N. Laneman, D. N. C. Tse and G. W. Wornell, "Cooperative diversity in wireless networks: Efficient protocols and outage behavior," IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 50, no. 12, pp. 3062-3080, Dec. 2004.
- P. M. Nam, H. D. Hung, T. T. Duy and L. T. Thuong, "Security-Reliability Tradeoff of MIMO TAS/SC Networks using Harvest-to-Jam Cooperative Jamming Methods With Random Jammer Location," ICT Express, 2022. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.icte.2021.11.003
- T. T. Duy and H.Y. Kong, "Performance Analysis of Incremental Amplify-and-Forward Relaying Protocols with Nth Best Partial Relay Selection under Interference Constraint," Wireless Personal Communications, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 2741-2757, Aug. 2013.
- G. Amarasuriya, C. Tellambura and M. Ardakani, "Asymptotically-Exact Performance Bounds of AF Multi-Hop Relaying over Nakagami Fading," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 962-967, Apr. 2011.
- M. Mao, N. Cao, Y. Chen and Y. Zhou, "Multi-Hop Relaying Using Energy Harvesting," IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, vol. 4, no. 5, pp. 565-568, Oct. 2015.
- T. T. Duy and H.Y. Kong, "Secrecy Performance Analysis of Multihop Transmission Protocols in Cluster Networks," Wireless Personal Communications (WPC), vol. 82, no. 4, pp. 2505-2518, Jun. 2015.
- A. Chaaban and A. Sezgin, "Multi-Hop Relaying: An End-to-End Delay Analysis," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 2552-2561, Apr. 2016.
- N. Q. Sang and H. Y. Kong. "Exact Outage Analysis Of The Effect Of Co-Channel Interference on Secured Multi-hop Relaying Networks," International Journal of Electronics, vol. 103, no. 11, pp. 1822-1838, Aug. 2016.
- H. Yu and G. L. Stuber, "General Decode-and-Forward Cooperative Relaying with Co-Channel Interference in Shadowed Nakagami Fading Channels," IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 4318-4327, Dec. 2012.
- J. A. Hussein, et al, "Performance Analysis of a Multi-Hop UCRN With Co-Channel Interference," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 64, no. 10, pp. 4346-4364, Oct. 2016.
- E. Chen, M. Xia, D. B. da Costa and S. Aïssa, "Multi-Hop Cooperative Relaying With Energy Harvesting From Cochannel Interferences," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 1199-1202, May 2017.
- J. Zhang and T. M. Lok, "Performance Comparison of Conventional and Cooperative Multihop Transmission," in Proc. of IEEE WCMC, 2006, pp. 897-901.
- G. Farhadi and N. C. Beaulieu, "Fixed Relaying Versus Selective Relaying in Multi-hop Diversity Transmission Systems," IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 956-965, March 2010.
- P. T. Tin, et al, "Secrecy Performance Enhancement for Underlay Cognitive Radio Networks Employing Cooperative Multi-hop Transmission With and Without Presence of Hardware Impairments," Entropy, vol. 21, no. 2, Feb. 2019.
- P. M. Nam, et al, "Outage Performance of Power Beacon-Aided Multi-Hop Cooperative Cognitive Radio Protocol Under Constraint of Interference and Hardware Noises," Electronics, vol. 9, no. 6, pp. 1-19, Jun. 2020.
- M. R. Bhatnagar, "Performance Analysis of a Path Selection Scheme in Multi-Hop Decode-and-Forward Protocol," IEEE Communications Letters, vol.16, no. 12, pp. 1980-1983, Dec. 2012.
- M. R. Bhatnagar, R. K. Mallik and O. Tirkkonen, "Performance Evaluation of Best-Path Selection in a Multihop Decode-and-Forward Cooperative System," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 2722-2728, Apr. 2016.
- T. D. Hieu, T. T. Duy and B.-S. Kim, "Performance Enhancement for Multi-hop Harvest-to-Transmit WSNs With Path-Selection Methods in Presence of Eavesdroppers and Hardware Noises," IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 5173 - 5186, Jun. 2018.
- T. T. Duy and V.N.Q. Bao, "Performance Analysis of Cooperative-based Multi-hop Transmission Protocols in Underlay Cognitive Radio with Hardware Impairment," VNU Journal of Computer Science and Communication Engineering, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 15-28, 2015.
- N. T. Huan, et al, “Incremental Cooperation Based Multi-hop Relaying Scheme With Fountain Codes, Wirelessly Energy Harvesting and Partial Relay Selection,” in Proc. of ATC, Oct. 2022, pp. 1-6.
- C. E. Perkins and E. M. Royer, “Ad-hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing,” in Proc. of WMCSA’99, Feb. 1999, pp.90-100.
- B. Johnson and D. A. Maltz, “Dynamic Source Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks,” Mobile Computing, vol. 353, pp.153-181, 1996.
- L. Yu, J. Wu and P. Fan, "Energy Efficient Designs of Ultra-Dense IoT Networks With Nonideal Optical Front-Hauls," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 7934-7945, Oct. 2019.
- S. K. Sharma and X. Wang, "Toward Massive Machine Type Communications in Ultra-Dense Cellular IoT Networks: Current Issues and Machine Learning-Assisted Solutions," IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 426-471, Firstquarter 2020.
- A Papoulis. Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes. 4th Ed., 2022.