Performance Evaluation of Short-Packet Communications of Single-Hop System with Presence of Co-Channel Interference
Vu Le Anh Uyen, Tien-Tung Nguyen, Duy Tran Trung, Lam-Thanh Tu, Tan Nguyen Nhat, Sang Nguyen Quang
Citation: Proceedings of the 2022 Seventh International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vu Dinh Khoa, Shivani Agarwal, Gloria Jeanette Rincon Aponte, Nguyen Thi Hong Nga, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Ewa Ziemba (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 33, pages 267–271 (2022)
Abstract. This paper investigates short-packet communications (SPCs) of a single hop system where there is a presence of co-channel interference in the communication between a source and a destination. We derive accurate and asymptotic closed-form expressions for the average block error rate (BLER) of the destination. The affects of some parameters like: the number of interference sources, the transmit power the interference source on the system performance and the number of channel uses at the destination are considered. The results of the theory are evaluated by Monte carlo simulation.
- L. Chettri and R. Bera, “A comprehensive survey on Internet of Things (IoT) toward 5G wireless systems,” IEEE Internet Things J., vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 16–32, Jan. 2020.
- Y. Polyanskiy, H. V. Poor, and S. Verdu, “Channel coding rate in the finite blocklength regime,” IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 2307–2359, May 2010.
- Y. Yu, H. Chen, Y. Li, Z. Ding, and B. Vucetic, “On the performance of non-orthogonal multiple access in short-packet communications,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 590–593, 2018.
- X. Lai, Q. Zhang, and J. Qin, “Cooperative noma short-packet communications in flat rayleigh fading channels,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 68, no. 6, pp. 6182–6186, 2019.
- T.-H. Vu, T.-V. Nguyen, T.-T. Nguyen, V. N. Q. Bao, and S. Kim, “Short-packet communications in noma-cdrt iot networks with cochannel interference and imperfect sic,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 5552–5557, 2022.
- J. Zheng, Q. Zhang, and J. Qin, “Average achievable rate and average bler analyses for mimo short-packet communication systems,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 70, no. 11, pp. 12 238–12 242, 2021.
- L. Yuan, N. Yang, F. Fang, and Z. Ding, “Performance analysis of uav-assisted short-packet cooperative communications,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 71, no. 4, pp. 4471–4476, 2022.
- T.-T. Nguyen and S. Q. Nguyen, “Short packet communications for cooperative uav-noma-based iot systems with sic imperfections,” Computer Communications, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140366422003693
- F. Salehi, N. Neda, M.-H. Majidi, and H. Ahmadi, “Cooperative nomabased user pairing for urllc: A max–min fairness approach,” IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 3833–3843, 2022.
- T.-H. Vu, T.-V. Nguyen, T.-T. Nguyen, and S. Kim, “Performance analysis and deep learning design of wireless powered cognitive noma iot short-packet communications with imperfect csi and sic,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 9, no. 13, pp. 10 464–10 479, 2022.
- P. N. Son, T. T. Duy, P. V. Tuan, and T.-P. Huynh, “Short packet communication in underlay cognitive network assisted by an intelligent reflecting surface,” ETRI Journal, vol. n/a, no. n/a. [Online]. Available: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.4218/etrij.2021-0435
- S. Q. Nguyen and H. Y. Kong, “Exact outage analysis of the effect of co-channel interference on secured multi-hop relaying networks,” International Journal of Electronics, vol. 103, no. 11, pp. 1822–1838, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2016.1138534
- D.-B. Ha, S. Q. Nguyen, and H. T. Nguyen, “Cooperative cognitive non-orthgonal multiple access under unreliable backhaul connections,” Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 596–617, Apr 2019. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1007/s11036-018-1161-5
- S. Q. Nguyen and H. Y. Kong, “Generalized diversity combining of energy harvesting multiple antenna relay networks: outage and throughput performance analysis,” Annals of Telecommunications, vol. 71, no. 5, pp. 265–277, Jun 2016. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12243-016-0508-9
- L. T. TU, P. L. Tung, T. Van Chien, T. T. Duy, and N. T. Hoa, “Performance evaluation of incremental relaying in underlay cognitive radio networks with imperfect csi,” in 2020 IEEE Eighth International Conference on Communications and Electronics (ICCE), 2021, pp. 472–477.
- P. T. D. Ngoc, T. T. Duy, and H. V. Khuong, “Outage performance of cooperative cognitive radio networks under joint constraints of cochannel interference, intercept probability and hardware imperfection,” EAI Endorsed Transactions on Industrial Networks and Intelligent Systems, vol. 6, no. 19, 6 2019.
- S. Q. Nguyen and H. Y. Kong, “Secrecy enhancement in two-hop df relaying system under hardware impairment,” International Journal of Electronics, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 442–461, 2017. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1080/00207217.2016.1218063
- P. Tran Tin, T. N. Nguyen, N. Q. Sang, T. Trung Duy, P. T. Tran, and M. Voznak, “Rateless codes-based secure communication employing transmit antenna selection and harvest-to-jam under joint effect of interference and hardware impairments,” Entropy, vol. 21, no. 7, 2019. [Online]. Available: https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/21/7/700
- P. Viet Tuan, P. Ngoc Son, T. Trung Duy, S. Q. Nguyen, V. Q. B. Ngo, D. Vinh Quang, and I. Koo, “Optimizing a secure two-way network with non-linear swipt, channel uncertainty, and a hidden eavesdropper,” Electronics, vol. 9, no. 8, 2020. [Online]. Available: https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9292/9/8/1222
- A. Jeffrey and D. Zwillinger, Table of integrals, series, and products. Elsevier, 2007.
- O. L. Alcaraz López, E. M. G. Fernández, R. D. Souza, and H. Alves, “Ultra-reliable cooperative short-packet communications with wireless energy transfer,” IEEE Sen. J., vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 2161–2177, 2018.