Identification of Product’s Features Based on Customer Reviews
Citation: Position Papers of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 9, pages 25–32 (2016)
Abstract. In recent years an e-commerce has become more and more popular. This fact is mainly related to a low cost of running a business, vast access to a large group of potential customers and ease of advertising. Analysis of products' reviews can lead to valuable insights for both customers and manufacturers. Owing to positive reviews a future customer may be convinced to buy the product. A number of reviews for one product can amount to even hundreds what makes it hard for a potential buyer to read them all. The main aim of this paper is to present a method for mining reviews considering products' features, extracting products' features and preparing a summary of reviews. For that purpose a new promising technique - Rule-Based Similarity Model is used. The performance of the algorithm has been verified on online product review articles.
- L. Ferreira, N. Jakob, and I. Gurevych, “A comparative study of feature extraction algorithms in customer reviews,” in Proceedings of the 2th IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC 2008), August 4-7, 2008, Santa Clara, California, USA, 2008, pp. 144–151. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICSC.2008.40
- K. Khan, B. Baharudin, and A. Khan, “Identifying product features from customer reviews using hybrid patterns,” Int. Arab J. Inf. Technol., vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 281–286, 2014. [Online]. Available: http://www.ccis2k.org/iajit/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=92&Itemid=353
- M. Hu and B. Liu, “Mining opinion features in customer reviews,” in Proceedings of the Nineteenth National Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Sixteenth Conference on Innovative Applications of Artificial Intelligence, July 25-29, 2004, San Jose, California, USA, 2004, pp. 755–760. [Online]. Available: http://www.aaai.org/Library/AAAI/2004/aaai04-119.php
- R. Agrawal and R. Srikant, “Fast algorithms for mining association rules in large databases,” in VLDB’94, Proceedings of 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases, September 12-15, 1994, Santiago de Chile, Chile, 1994, pp. 487–499. [Online]. Available: http://www.vldb.org/conf/1994/P487.PDF
- B. Liu, W. Hsu, and Y. Ma, “Integrating classification and association rule mining,” 1998, pp. 80–86.
- S. Blair-goldensohn, T. Neylon, K. Hannan, G. A. Reis, R. Mcdonald, and J. Reynar, “Building a sentiment summarizer for local service reviews,” in In NLP in the Information Explosion Era, 2008.
- A. Ghobadi and M. Rahgozar, “An ontology-based semantic extraction approach for b2c ecommerce.”
- Q. Liu, B. Liu, Y. Zhang, D. S. Kim, and Z. Gao, “Improving opinion aspect extraction using semantic similarity and aspect associations,” in Proceedings of the Thirtieth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, February 12-17, 2016, Phoenix, Arizona, USA., 2016, pp. 2986–2992. [Online]. Available: http://www.aaai.org/ocs/index.php/AAAI/AAAI16/paper/view/11973
- C. C. Aggarwal and C. X. Zhai, Mining Text Data. Springer Publishing Company, Incorporated, 2012.
- M. Hu and B. Liu, “Opinion feature extraction using class sequential rules,” in Computational Approaches to Analyzing Weblogs, Papers from the 2006 AAAI Spring Symposium, Technical Report SS-06-03, Stanford, California, USA, March 27-29, 2006, 2006, pp. 61–66. [Online]. Available: http://www.aaai.org/Library/Symposia/Spring/ 2006/ss06-03-013.php
- B. Liu, Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining, ser. Synthesis digital library of engineering and computer science. Morgan & Claypool, 2012. [Online]. Available: https://books.google.pl/books?id=Gt8g72e6MuEC
- A. Janusz, “Algorithms for similarity relation learning from high dimensional data,” Trans. Rough Sets, vol. 17, pp. 174–292, 2014. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-54756-0_7
- Z. Pawlak, “Information systems theoretical foundations,” Inf. Syst., vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 205–218, 1981. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0306-4379(81)90023-5
- A. Tversky, “Features of similarity,” Psychological Review, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 327–352, 1977.
- “Support vector machines,” https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/e1071/vignettes/svmdoc.pdf, accessed: 2016-05-04.
- T. K. Landauer and S. T. Dumais, “Latent semantic analysis,” Scholarpedia, vol. 3, no. 11, p. 4356, 2008. [Online]. Available: http://www.scholarpedia.org/article/Latent_semantic_analysis
- T. Joachims, “Text categorization with suport vector machines: Learning with many relevant features,” in Proceedings of the 10th European Conference on Machine Learning, ser. ECML ’98. London, UK, UK: Springer-Verlag, 1998, pp. 137–142. [Online]. Available: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=645326.649721
- J. Demsar, “Statistical comparisons of classifiers over multiple data sets,” Journal of Machine Learning Research, vol. 7, pp. 1–30, 2006. [Online]. Available: http://www.jmlr.org/papers/v7/demsar06a.html
- “Content term extraction using pos tagging,” https://pypi.python.org/pypi/topia.termextract/, accessed: 2016-05-04.