Foundation for Modular Cloud Logistics
Michael Glöckner, Björn Schwarzbach, Bogdan Franczyk, André Ludwig
Citation: Position Papers of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 9, pages 177–180 (2016)
Abstract. Logistics service providers are facing the need to collaborate because of ongoing trends like outsourcing and concentration on core competencies. The paradigm of cloud logistics promises to make collaboration in the logistics domain more easy and more flexible by adopting the principles of cloud computing to the logistics domain. To ensure the success of cloud computing to the paradigm of cloud logistics as well, standards have to be developed. With the help of the service blueprinting method, a basic logistics module is developed in order to lay a foundation for cloud logistics.
- J. Langley and M. Long, “2016 third-party logistics study: The state of logistics outsourcing: Results and findings of the 20th annual study,” vol. 20, 2016.
- A. Aguezzoul, “Third-party logistics selection problem: A literature review on criteria and methods,” Omega, vol. 49, pp. 69–78, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2014.05.009.
- T. Solakivi, J. Töyli, and L. Ojala, “Logistics outsourcing, its motives and the level of logistics costs in manufacturing and trading companies operating in finland,” Production Planning & Control, vol. 24, no. 4-5, pp. 388–398, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09537287.2011.648490.
- R. Wilding and R. Juriado, “Customer perceptions on logistics out- sourcing in the european consumer goods industry,” International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 628–644, 2004. DOI : 10.1108/09600030410557767.
- A. Arsanjani, G. Booch, T. Boubez, P. Brown, D. Chappell, J. deVa- doss, T. Erl, N. Josuttis, D. Krafzig, M. Little, B. Loesgen, A. T. Manes, J. McKendrick, S. Ross-Talbot, S. Tilkov, C. Utschig-Utschig, and H. Wilhelmsen. (2009). Soa manifesto, [Online]. Available: http://www.soa-manifesto.org/SOA_Manifesto.pdf.
- T. Erl, SOA: Principles of service design, 5. print, ser. The Prentice Hall service-oriented computing series from Thomas Erl. Upper Saddle River, NJ [u.a.]: Prentice Hall, 2009, ISBN : 9780132344821.
- P. Mell and T. Grance, “The nist definition of cloud computing,” Com- puter Security Division, Information Technology Laboratory, National Institute of Standards and Technology Gaithersburg, 2011.
- L. M. Vaquero, L. Rodero-Merino, J. Caceres, and M. Lindner, “A break in the clouds,” ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, vol. 39, no. 1, p. 50, 2008. DOI : 10.1145/1496091.1496100.
- W. Delfmann and F. Jaekel, The cloud - logistics for the future? discussionpaper, German Logistics Association - BVL International, Ed., 2012.
- U. Arnold, J. Oberlander, and B. Schwarzbach, “Logical—development of cloud computing platforms and tools for logistics hubs and com- munities,” in Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2012 Federated Conference on, 2012, pp. 1083–1090.
- P. Gupta, A. Seetharaman, and J. R. Raj, “The usage and adoption of cloud computing by small and medium businesses,” International Journal of Information Management, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 861–874, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2013.07.001.
- A. Hevner, S. March, J. Park, and S. Ram, “Design science in information systems research,” MIS Quarterly, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 75–105, 2004.
- S. Cavalieri and G. Pezzotta, “Product–service systems engineering—state of the art and research challenges,” Computers in Industry, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 278–288, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2012.02.006.
- K. Czarnecki and U. Eisenecker, Generative programming: Methods, tools, and applications. Boston: Addison Wesley, 2000, ISBN: 0-201- 30977-7.
- German Logistics Association. (2012). 6th international scientific sym- posium on logistics: Call for papers, [Online]. Available: http://www.bvl.de/misc/filePush.php?id=15746&name=ISSL12+Call+for+Papers.
- K. Klingebiel and A. Wagenitz, “An introduction to logistics as a service,” in Efficiency and logistics, ser. Lecture Notes in Logistics, U. Clausen, M. ten Hompel, and M. Klumpp, Eds., Springer, 2013, pp. 209–216, ISBN : 978-3-642-32837-4. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-32838-1_22.
- J. Leukel, S. Kirn, and T. Schlegel, “Supply chain as a service: A cloud perspective on supply chain systems,” IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 16–27, 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JSYST.2010.2100197.
- T. H. Davenport, “The coming commoditization of processes,” Harvard business review, vol. 83, no. 6, pp. 100–108, 2005.
- M. Reimann, O. Schilke, and J. S. Thomas, “Toward an understanding of industry commoditization: Its nature and role in evolving marketing competition,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 188–197, 2010. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijresmar.2009.10.001.
- P. Matthyssens and K. Vandenbempt, “Moving from basic offerings to value-added solutions: Strategies, barriers and alignment,” Industrial Marketing Management, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 316–328, 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2007.07.008.
- J. T. Mentzer, D. J. Flint, and J. L. Kent, “Developing a logistics service quality scale,” Journal of Business Logistics, vol. 20, no. 1, p. 9, 1999.
- T. Hara, T. Arai, Y. Shimomura, and T. Sakao, “Service cad system to integrate product and human activity for total value,” CIRP Journal of Manufacturing Science and Technology, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 262–271, 2009. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cirpj.2009.06.002.
- L. G. Shostack, “How to design a service,” European Journal of Marketing, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 49–63, 1982.
- T. Sakao and Y. Shimomura, “Service engineering: A novel engineering discipline for producers to increase value combining service and product,” Journal of Cleaner Production, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 590–604, 2007. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2006.05.015.
- T. Arai and Y. Shimomura, “Proposal of service cad system—a tool for service engineering -,” CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 397–400, 2004. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0007-8506(07)60725-2.
- T. Gudehus and H. Kotzab, Comprehensive Logistics. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2012, ISBN: 978-3-642-24366-0. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-24367-7.