Information Management for Travelers: Towards Better Route and Leisure Suggestion
Evgeny Pyshkin, Boris Skripal, Alexander Chisler, Alexander Baratynskiy
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 429–438 (2016)
Abstract. Contemporary travel information services are connected to huge amount of travel related data used for improving personalized suggestions. Such suggestions include finding better routes, access to amusement and educational amenities implemented as digital services, as well as the features for people collaboration, and for planning leisure time with respect to existing attractiveness evaluation algorithms under time-budget constraints. Much effort is required for supporting personalized itineraries construction in such a way which would leverage existing cultural and technological user experience. In this paper we analyze the underlying algorithms and major components being an implementation of the proposed model investigated with particular attention to annotated leisure walk route construction, traveler collaboration and travel meeting management. In sum, we make an effort to address a number of complex issues in the area of developing models, interfaces and algorithms required by modern travel services considered as an essential application of a human-centric computing multidisciplinary paradigm.
- M. Andreea et al., “The emerging technological trends in the tourism industry,” Annals-Economy Series, pp. 73–76, 2014.
- Y. Zheng, L. Capra, O. Wolfson, and H. Yang, “Urban computing: concepts, methodologies, and applications,” ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology (TIST), vol. 5, no. 3, p. 38, 2014.
- R. F. Joseph and A. A. Godbole, “An intelligent traveling companion for visually impaired pedestrian,” in Circuits, Systems, Communication and Information Technology Applications (CSCITA), 2014 International Conference on, April 2014, pp. 283–288.
- V. Mladenovic, M. Lutovac, and M. Lutovac, “Electronic tour guide for android mobile platform with multimedia travel book,” in Telecommunications Forum (TELFOR), 2012 20th, Nov 2012, pp. 1460–1463.
- R. Karimi, A. Nanopoulos, and L. Schmidt-Thieme, “Rfid-enhanced museum for interactive experience,” in Multimedia for cultural heritage. Springer, 2012, pp. 192–205.
- J.-P. Gerval and Y. Le Ru, “Fusion of multimedia and mobile technology in audioguides for museums and exhibitions: from bluetooth push to web pull,” 2011.
- Y.-M. Huang, C.-H. Liu, C.-Y. Lee, Y.-M. Huang et al., “Designing a personalized guide recommendation system to mitigate information overload in museum learning.”
- T. Y. Lim, “Designing the next generation of mobile tourism application based on situation awareness,” in Network of Ergonomics Societies Conference (SEANES), 2012 Southeast Asian. IEEE, 2012, pp. 1–7.
- T.-D. Cao and N.-D. Tuan, “Improving travel information access with semantic search application on mobile environment,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia, ser. MoMM ’11. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2011, pp. 95–102. [Online]. Available: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2095697. 2095716
- A. Yahi, A. Chassang, L. Raynaud, H. Duthil, and D. H. P. Chau, “Aurigo: an interactive tour planner for personalized itineraries,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces. ACM, 2015, pp. 275–285.
- V. W. S. Tung and J. B. Ritchie, “Exploring the essence of memorable tourism experiences,” Annals of Tourism Research, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1367–1386, 2011.
- A. Smirnov, A. Kashevnik, N. Shilov, N. Teslya, and A. Shabaev, “Mobile application for guiding tourist activities: tourist assistant-tais,” in Open Innovations Association (FRUCT16), 2014 16th Conference of. IEEE, 2014, pp. 95–100.
- I. Brilhante, J. A. Macedo, F. M. Nardini, R. Perego, and C. Renso, Advances in Information Retrieval: 36th European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2014, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 13-16, 2014. Proceedings. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2014, ch. TripBuilder: A Tool for Recommending Sightseeing Tours, pp. 771–774. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-06028-6 93
- I. Brilhante, J. A. Macedo, F. M. Nardini, R. Perego, and C. Renso, “Scaling up the mining of semantically-enriched trajectories: Tripbuilder at the world level,” 2015, accessed on April 23, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-1404/paper_12.pdf
- B. Skripal and E. Pyshkin, “Automated leisure walk route generation for an interactive travel planner,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Applications in Information Technology (IWAIT-2015), The University of Aizu. The University of Aizu Press, Oct 2015, pp. 29–32.
- A. Baratynskiy and E. Pyshkin, “Traveler guide assistant: Introducing an application for an openstreetmap based travel itinerary construction,” in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Applications in Information Technology (IWAIT-2015), The University of Aizu. The University of Aizu Press, Oct 2015, pp. 25–28.
- G. Chen, S. Wu, J. Zhou, and A. K. Tung, “Automatic itinerary planning for traveling services,” Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 514–527, 2014.
- A. Garcia, O. Arbelaitz, M. T. Linaza, P. Vansteenwegen, and W. Souffriau, Personalized tourist route generation. Springer, 2010.
- S. Yu, J. Zhao, and C. Hu, “Route planning of stacker by improved genetic algorithm,” Automatic Control and Artificial Intelligence (ACAI 2012), International Conference on, 2012.
- Z. Zabinsky, “Random search algorithms,” Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering, University of Washington, USA, 2009.
- A. Colorni, M. Dorigo, V. Maniezzo et al., “Distributed optimization by ant colonies,” in Proceedings of the first European conference on artificial life, vol. 142. Paris, France, 1991, pp. 134–142.
- T. Stützle and M. Dorigo, “Aco algorithms for the traveling salesman problem,” Evolutionary Algorithms in Engineering and Computer Science, pp. 163–183, 1999.
- K. Sriphaew and K. Sombatsricharoen, “Food tour recommendation using modified ant colony algorithm,” 5th International Conference on Computing and Informatics, ICOCI 2015 11-13 August, 2015 Istanbul, Turkey, 2015.
- W. Souffriau, Automated Tourist Decision Support. Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, 2010.
- H.-T. Chang, Y.-M. Chang, and M.-T. Tsai, “Atips: Automatic travel itinerary planning system for domestic areas,” Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, vol. 2016, 2015.
- “Meetways: Meet me in the middle,” accessed: Dec 30, 2015. [Online]. Available: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/popcandy/post/2008/10/780903/1#.Voj79U 6LGA
- W. Matheson, “Why go the distance when you can go half?” Oct 2008, accessed: Mar 10, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/arrange-business-meeting-75187.html
- “Geo meetpoint,” accessed: Mar 10, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://www.geomidpoint.com/meet/
- “Meet me in the middle,” accessed: Mar 11, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meet-me-in-the-middle/ id826982528?mt=8
- “Aviasales api,” accessed: Dec 29, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://www.aviasales.ru/API
- “Requests: Http for humans,” accessed: Mar 15, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://docs.python-requests.org/en/master/
- “18.2.json encoder and decoder,” accessed: Mar 15, 2016. [Online]. Available: https://docs.python.org/2/library/json.html
- “Flask web development, one drop at a time,” accessed: Apr 28, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://flask.pocoo.org/
- A. Rikitianskii, M. Harvey, and F. Crestani, Advances in Information Retrieval: 36th European Conference on IR Research, ECIR 2014, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 13-16, 2014. Proceedings. Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2014, ch. A Personalised Recommendation System for Context-Aware Suggestions, pp. 63–74. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-06028-6_6
- J. Duffy, “The best travel apps of 2015,” PC, August 2015.
- R. Anacleto, L. Figueiredo, A. Almeida, and P. Novais, “Mobile application to provide personalized sightseeing tours,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 41, pp. 56 – 64, 2014. [Online]. Available: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1084804513002105
- M. De Choudhury, M. Feldman, S. Amer-Yahia, N. Golbandi, R. Lempel, and C. Yu, “Automatic construction of travel itineraries using social breadcrumbs,” in Proceedings of the 21st ACM conference on Hypertext and hypermedia. ACM, 2010, pp. 35–44.
- R. Rajeswari and J. M. Mannan, “Efficient multiuser itinerary planning for travelling services using fkm-clustering algorithm,” 2015.
- D. Batchelor, “Collaborative travel and tourism: the best way to predict the future is to invent it,” January 2012, accessed: Apr 23, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://blogamadeus.com/18/01/collaborative-travel-the-best-way-to-predict-the-future-is-to-invent-it/
- A. Henri, “Five best travel planning apps,” November 2013, accessed: Apr 23, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://lifehacker.com/five-best-travel-planning-apps-1470002139
- S. Dunstall, M. E. Horn, P. Kilby, M. Krishnamoorthy, B. Owens, D. Sier, and S. Thiebaux, “An automated itinerary planning system for holiday travel,” Information Technology & Tourism, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 195–210, 2003.
- S. B. Roy, G. Das, S. Amer-Yahia, and C. Yu, “Interactive itinerary planning,” in Data Engineering (ICDE), 2011 IEEE 27th International Conference on. IEEE, 2011, pp. 15–26.
- A. Gionis, T. Lappas, K. Pelechrinis, and E. Terzi, “Customized tour recommendations in urban areas,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM international conference on Web search and data mining. ACM, 2014, pp. 313–322.
- X. Li, “Multi-day and multi-stay travel planning using geo-tagged photos,” in Proceedings of the Second ACM SIGSPATIAL International Workshop on Crowdsourced and Volunteered Geographic Information. ACM, 2013, pp. 1–8.
- A. Majid, L. Chen, H. T. Mirza, I. Hussain, and G. Chen, “A system for mining interesting tourist locations and travel sequences from public geo-tagged photos,” Data & Knowledge Engineering, vol. 95, pp. 66–86, 2015.
- L.-Y. Wei, Y. Zheng, and W.-C. Peng, “Constructing popular routes from uncertain trajectories,” in Proceedings of the 18th ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery and data mining. ACM, 2012, pp. 195–203.