Unicast Routing on VANETs
Boubakeur Moussaoui, Hacené Fouchal, Marwane Ayaida, Salah Merniz
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 1089–1092 (2016)
Abstract. Greedy routing in VANETs requires some geographical informations, such as the source location and the destination location. The first one could be obtained using some localization devices like GPS receiver. However, the second one is provided by a location service. This later has a high overhead especially if it is implemented over V2V (vehicle to vehicle) communications. Many location services are well known as HLS, RLS, GLS.
- R. Rana, S. Rana and K. C. Purohit, "A review of various routing protocols in VANET," International Journal of Computer Applications, vol. 96-18, 2014.
- K. Prasanth, D. K. Duraiswamy, K. Jayasudha and D. C. Chandrasekar, "Improved packet forwarding approach in Vehicular ad hoc networks using RDGR algorithm", arXiv preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/1003.5437, 2010.
- C. J. Huang, Y. T. Chuang, . Y. J. Chen, D. X. Yang and I.F. Chen, "QOSaware roadside base station assisted routing in vehicular networks." Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 22(8), 1292-1301.
- G. J. Borsetti, "Infrastructure-assisted geo-routing for cooperative vehicular networks,." IEEE Vehicular networking conference (VNC), 2010, pp. 255-262.
- Y. Peng, Z. Abichar and J.M. Chang, "Roadside-aided routing (RAR) in vehicular networks." IEEE International Conference on ICC’06.
- Käsemann, M., FüSSler, H., Hartenstein, H., Mauve, M. (2002). *A reactive location service for mobile ad hoc networks*. Universität Mannheim/Institut für Informatik, Technical report Reihe Informatik 14/2002. 14/2002
- Y.-B. Ko and N. H. Vaidya, "Location-aided routing (LAR) in mobile ad hoc networks," Wireless Networks, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 307–321, Jul. 2000.
- B. Karp and H. T. Kung, "GPSR: Greedy Perimeter Stateless Routing for Wireless Networks," in Proceedings of the 6th annual international conference on Mobile computing and networking (MobiCom’00), New York, NY, USA, 2000, pp. 243-254.
- C. Lochert, H. Hartenstein, J. Tian, H. Fuessler, D. Hermann, and M. Mauve, "A routing strategy for vehicular ad hoc networks in city environments," in In Proceedings of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, 2003, pp. 156-161.
- K. Prasanth, D. K. Duraiswamy, K. Jayasudha, and D. C. Chandrasekar, "Improved packet forwarding approach in vehicular ad hoc networks using rdgr algorithm," arXiv preprint https://arxiv.org/abs/1003.5437, 2010.
- NS2: Network Simulator. [Online]. Available: http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/
- OpenStreetMap. [Online]. Available: http://openstreetmap.fr/
- NS2 802.11p implementation. [Online]. Available: http://dsn.tm.uni-karlsruhe.de/english/Overhaul_NS-2.php/