Risk-based estimation of manufacturing order costs with artificial intelligence
Grzegorz Kłosowski, Arkadiusz Gola
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 729–732 (2016)
Abstract. The following paper discusses the development of a risk-based cost estimation model for completing non-standard manufacturing orders. The model in question is a hybrid of Monte Carlo Simulation (MCS), which constitutes the main module of the applied model. Vector of order risk probability, which is the input data for the MCS module, is highly difficult to assess and is burdened to a considerable degree with subjectivity, therefore it was resolved that it should be generated with the application of artificial intelligence. Depending on the accessibility of historical data, the model incorporates fuzzy logic or artificial neural networks methods. The presented model could provide support to managers responsible for cost estimation, and moreover, after slight modification also in setting deadlines for non-standard manufacturing orders.
- M. Jasiulewicz-Kaczmarek , “Participatory Ergonomics as a Method of Quality Improvement in Maintenance”, B.-T. Karsh (Ed.): Ergonomics and Health Aspects, LNCS 5624, pp. 153–161, 2009.
- A. M. Radke, et al. “A risk management-based evaluation of inventory allocations for make-to-order production,” CIRP Annals—Manufacturing Technology, pp. 459-462, 2013.
- A. Saniuk, et al. “Environmental favourable foundries through maintenance activities”, METALURGIJA, Vol. 54 (4), pp. 725-728, 2015.
- G. Kłosowski, A. Gola, A. Świć, "Application of Fuzzy Logic Controller for Machine Load Balancing in Discrete Manufacturing System", in: K. Jackowski et al. (Eds): IDEAL 2015, LNCS 9375, pp. 256-264, 2015.
- P. Sitek, J. Wikarek, "A hybrid framework for the modelling and optimisation of decision problems in sustainable supply chain management", International Journal of Production Research, Vol. 53, Issue 21, 2015.
- A. Rudawska, N. Čuboňova, K. Pomarańska, D. Stanečková, A. Gola, "Technical and Organizational Improvements of Packaging Production Processes", Advances in Science and Technology. Research Journal, Vol. 10, No. 30, pp. 182-192, 2016.
- A. Taroun, J. B. Yang, D. Lowe, “Construction risk modelling and assessment: Insights from a literature review”, The Built and Human Environment Review, Vol. 32, Issue 1, pp. 101-115, 2011.
- C. Rush, R. Roy, “Analysis of cost estimating processes used within a concurrent engineering environment throughout a product life cycle,” In: 7th ISPE International Conference on Concurrent Engineering, Lyon, France, July 17th-20th, Pennsylvania USA. pp. 58-67, 2000.
- A. O. Elfaki, S. Alatawi, E. Abushandi, “Using Intelligent Techniques in Construction Project Cost Estimation: 10-Year Survey,” Advances in Civil Engineering, Vol. 2014, pp. 8, 2014.
- N. G. Fragiadakis, V. D. Tsoukalas, V. J. Papazoglou, “An adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system (ANFIS) model for assessing occupational risk in the shipbuilding industry,” Safety Science, Vol. 63, pp. 226–235, 2014.
- O. Taylan et al., “Construction projects selection and risk assessment by fuzzy AHP and fuzzy TOPSIS methodologies,” Applied Soft Computing, Vol. 17, pp. 105-116, 2014.
- I. J. Schwarz, I. P. M. Sánchez, “29 Implementation of artificial intelligence into risk management decision-making processes in construction projects”, 2015, pp. 361-362.
- E. E. Ameyaw, A. P. C. Chan, “Evaluation and ranking of risk factors in public–private partnership water supply projects in developing countries using fuzzy synthetic evaluation approach,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 42(12), pp. 5102-5116, 2015.
- A. Idrus, M. F. Nuruddin, M. A. Rohman, “Development of project cost contingency estimation model using risk analysis and fuzzy expert system,” Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 38, Issue 3, pp. 1501-1508, 2011.
- J. Hu, E. Shen, Y. Gu, “Evaluation of Lighting Performance Risk Using Surrogate Model and EnergyPlus,” Procedia Engineering, Vol. 118, pp. 522-529, 2015.
- P. D. Sentia, M. Mukhtar, S.A. Shukor, “Supply chain information risk management model in Make-to-Order (MTO)”, Procedia Technology, Vol. 11, pp. 403-410, 2013.