Agent-oriented Modeling and Simulation of IoT Networks
Giancarlo Fortino, Wilma Russo, Claudio Savaglio
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 1449–1452 (2016)
Abstract. Internet of Things (IoT) networks are being continually developed in several domains, however no systematic processes for their modeling and simulation exist so far. In this paper, an agent-oriented approach to IoT networks modeling is proposed by exploiting the ACOSO model. Then, agent-modelled IoT networks of different scales are simulated through the Omnet++ simulation platform, with the goal of analyzing issues and bottlenecks at communication level.
- G. Kortuem. et al. “Smart objects as building blocks for the internet of things,” Internet Computing, IEEE, vol. 14, no. 1, 2010, pp. 44-51.
- L. Atzori, A. Iera, and G. Morabito, “The internet of things: A survey,” Computer networks, vol. 54, no. 15, 2010, pp.2787-2805.
- W. Van der Hoek, and M. Wooldridge, “Multi-agent systems,” Handbook of Knowledge Representation, 2008, pp. 887-928.
- G. Fortino, A. Guerrieri, W. Russo, and C. Savaglio, “Towards a Development Methodology for Smart Object-Oriented IoT Systems: A Metamodel Approach,” in Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), 2015 IEEE International Conference on, 2015, pp. 1297-1302.
- A. Varga, OMNeT++. Modeling and Tools for Network Simulation, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2010, pp. 35-59.
- C. Macal, and M. J. North, “Tutorial on agent-based modeling and simulation,” in Proceedings of the 37th conference on Winter simulation, 2005, pp. 2-15.
- A. Katasonov, et al. “Smart Semantic Middleware for the Internet of Things,” ICINCO-ICSO, vol. 8, 2008, pp. 169-178.
- T. Leppänen, J. Riekki, M. Liu, E. Harjula, T. Ojala, “Mobile agents based smart objects for the internet of things,” Internet of Things Based on Smart Objects, Springer Int. Publishing, 2014, pp. 29-48.
- G. Fortino, A. Guerrieri, M. Lacopo, M. Lucia, and W. Russo, “An agent-based middleware for cooperating smart objects,” Highlights on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2013, pp. 387-398.
- G. Fortino, A. Guerrieri, G. M. P. O'Hare, and A. G. Ruzzelli, “A flexible building management framework based on wireless sensor and actuator networks,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 35, no. 6, 2012, pp. 1934-1952.
- G. Fortino, A. Guerrieri, F. Bellifemine, and R. Giannantonio, “SPINE2: developing BSN applications on heterogeneous sensor nodes,” IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Embedded Systems, 2009, pp. 128-131.
- F. Bellifemine, G. Fortino, A. Guerrieri, and R. Giannantonio, “Platform-independent development of collaborative Wireless Body Sensor Network applications: SPINE2,” Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC 2009), IEEE International Conference on, 2009, pp. 3144-3150.
- G. Fortino, S. Galzarano, R. Gravina, and W. Li, “A framework for collaborative computing and multi-sensor data fusion in body sensor networks,” Information Fusion, vol. 22, 2015, pp. 50-70.
- G. Fortino, A. Garro, and W. Russo, “Achieving Mobile Agent Systems interoperability through software layering,” Information & Software Technology, vol. 50, no. 4, 2008, pp. 322-341.
- G. Fortino, A. Garro, and W. Russo, “An integrated approach for the development and validation of multi-agent systems,” International Journal of Computer Systems Science & Engineering, vol. 20, no. 4, 2005, pp. 259-271.