Process Mining Methodology in Industrial Environment: Document Flow Analysis
Paweł Markowski, Michał Przybyłek
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 1175–1178 (2016)
Abstract. A real-world company asked us to solve emerging problem related to the flow of the documents: some of the documents had been lost. We used methods of process mining to solve this problem. We found an error in the information system. Moreover, our analysis of the flow of the documents led to the conclusion that the business processes did not meet the company's needs, and with our help they were redesigned and reimplemented. This research gave an additional important insight to process mining methodology --- in order to extract knowledge about business processes that is useful for the decision makers, it is crucial to create algorithms capable of collaborating with human experts.
- W.M.P. van der Aalst, Process Mining: Discovery, Conformance and Enhancement of Business Processes, Springer Verlag, 2011.
- A.J.M.M. Weijters, W.M.P. van der Aalst, Process Mining: Discovering Workflow Models from Event-Based Data, Proceedings of the 13th Belgium-Netherlands Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Maastricht, pp 283-290, 2001.
- A.K.A de Medeiros, B.F. van Dongen, W.M.P. van der Aalst and A.J.M.M. Weijters, Process Mining: Extending the alpha-algorithm to Mine Short Loops, BETA Working Paper Series, WP 113, Eindhoven University of Technology, Eindhoven, 2004
- W.M.P. van der Aalst, A.H.M. ter Hofstede, B. Kiepuszewski, A.P. Barros, Workflow Patterns, BPM Center Report BPM-00-02, BPMcenter.org, 2000.
- W.M.P. van der Aalst and A.H.M. ter Hofstede, Workflow Patterns: On the Expressive Power of (Petri-net-based) Workflow Languages, BPM Center Report BPM-02-02, BPMcenter.org, 2002.
- W.M.P. van der Aalst, A.J.M.M. Weijters, L. Maruster, Workflow Mining: Discovering Process Models from Event Logs, BPM Center Report BPM-04-06, BPMcenter.org, 2004.
- M.T. Wynn, D. Edmond, W.M.P. van der Aalst, A.H.M. ter Hofstede, Achieving a General, Formal and Decidable Approach to the OR-join in Workflow using Reset nets, BPM Center Report BPM-04-05, BPMcenter.org, 2004.
- W.M.P. van der Aalst, A.K. Alves de Medeiros, A.J.M.M. Weijters, Process Equivalence in the Context of Genetic Mining, BPM Center Report BPM-06-15, BPMcenter.org, 2006.
- W.M.P. van der Aalst, M. Pesic, M. Song, Beyond Process Mining: From the Past to Present and Future, BPM Center Report BPM-09-18, BPMcenter.org, 2009.
- A. Wierzbicki, M. Makowski, J. Wessels, Model-Based Decision Support Methodology with Environmental Applications, Springer, Series: Mathematical Modelling: Theory and Applications, Vol. 9, Berlin Heidelberg, 2000.
- Mans, R.; van der Aalst, W.; Vanwersch, R. Process Mining in Healthcare, Springer Briefs in Business Process Management; Springer International Publishing: Cham, Germany, 2015
- Carlos Fernandez-Llatas, Aroa Lizondo1, Eduardo Monton, Jose-Miguel Benedi, Vicente Traver Process Mining Methodology for Health Process Tracking Using Real-Time Indoor Location Systems Sensors, 11/2015; 15(12):29821-29840. http://dx.doi.org/10.3390/s151229769
- A. Rozinat, I.S.M. de Jong, C.W. Gunther, and W.M.P. van der Aalst Process Mining Applied to the Test Process of Wafer Steppers in ASML IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics - Part C, 39:474–479, 2009.
- Leemans, S.J.J., Fahland, D., Aalst, W.M.P.v.d. Process and Deviation Exploration with Inductive Visual Miner Proceedings of the BPM Demo Sessions 2014 Co-located with the 12th International Conference on Business Process Management (BPM 2014), Eindhoven, The Netherlands, September 10, 2014. (2014) 46
- Leemans, S., Fahland, D., van der Aalst, W. Exploring processes and deviations Business Process Management Workshops (2014)
- W. M. P. van der Alst A general divide and conquer approach for process mining Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, 2013, pp. 1-10.
- P. Homayounfar A general divide and conquer approach for process mining Proceedings of the Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, 2012, ISBN 978-83-60810-51-4, pp. 1135–1140