The Role of ICT Solutions In the Intelligent Enterprise Business Activity
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 1335–1340 (2016)
Abstract. During the last years the number of innovative ICT systems, applications and tools has been growing still to support intelligent business performance. However, advanced ICT solutions are only means to the end of better process performance, not a substitute for it. Intelligent enterprises running their activity in increasingly more dynamic, complex and uncertain environment. The aim of paper is the discussion about the wide spectrum of ICT solutions used by the intelligent enterprise and their meaning in the management of intelligent organization. This is the first approach in this case that the author is going to continue in the advanced research.
- “The Intelligent Enterprise: A New Paradigm, Academy of Management Executive, 6(4), 1992
- Y. H. Ming, and D. X. Feng: "Research on the Intelligent Enterprise Based on Intelligent Behavior", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Innovation and Management, Vols. I and II, 2010, pp. 2094–2099.
- M. S. Hopkins, S. Lavalle, and F. Balboni: "10 Insights: A First Look at The New Intelligent Enterprise Survey", Mit Sloan Manage Rev, 2010, 52, (1), pp. 22.
- N. Kruschwitz, and R. Shockley: "First Look: The Second Annual New Intelligent Enterprise Survey", Mit Sloan Manage Rev, 2011, 52, (4), pp. 87-89.
- B. Dayyani: "The Intelligent Enterprise: Knowledge-Driven Category Management", Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning, 2010, pp. 138-145.
- J. B. Quinn: "The intelligent enterprise a new paradigm", Acad Manage Exec, 2005, 19, (4), pp. 109-121.
- E. Stubbs: ‘The Intelligent Enterprise’, Wiley Sas Bus Ser, 2014, pp. 79-93
- "The intelligent enterprise and the changing role of computer information systems in strategic planning", Information Resources Management Journal, 1991, 4, (1), pp. 21-29.
- B. Tan, X. W. Cao, and D. Ahpak: "Achieving Competitive Advantage through Building an Intelligent Organization with Technological Innovation: The Case Of A Chinese Enterprise", Proceedings of 2010 International Conference on Innovation, Management and Service, 2010, pp. 24-29.
- E. Szczerbicki: "Intelligent enterprise management", Cybernet Syst, 2001, 32, (7), pp. 697-699.
- S. G. Wang., R. Liu, and X. T. Liu: "An enterprise intelligent system development and solution framework", Icemi 2007: Proceedings of 2007 8th International Conference on Electronic Measurement & Instruments, Vol Iv, 2007, pp. 115-118.
- J. N. Gupta, and S.K. Sharma: "Creating knowledge based organizations", Igi Global, 2004.
- G. H. Stonehouse, and J. D. Pemberton: "Learning and knowledge management in the intelligent organisation", Participation and Empowerment: An International Journal, 1999, 7, (5), pp. 131-144.
- E. Szczerbicki, Z. Gomółka, "Management of Information in Complex Systems: Perspectives for New Millenium", Intelligent Processing and Manufacturing of Materials, IPMM '99. Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Vol. 2,1999, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IPMM.1999.791491.
- M. J. Thannhuber: "The Intelligent Enterprise", Springer, 2005.
- U. Dayal, „Managing the intelligent enterprise”, e-Commerce Technology, 2004. CEC 2004. Proceedings. IEEE International Conference on 2004, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICECT.2004.1319711.
- “Business analytics and optimization for the intelligent enterprise”, IBM Institute for Business Value, IBM Global Business Services Executive Report, USA 2009.
- P. Kordel, J. Kornecki, K. Pylak, J. Wiktorowicz, A. Kowalczyk, K. Krawczyk, “Inteligentne organizacje – zarządzanie wiedzą i kompetencjami pracowników”, Warszawa 2010.
- S. LaValle, E. Hopkins, R. Lesser, M.S. Shockley, N. Kruschwitz, “Big Data, Analytics and the Path From Insights to Value, Research Feature, December, 2010.