Medical reporting in web-based applications designed to meet regulatory and industry standards
Michał Madera, Rafał Tomoń, Piotr Lorenc
Citation: Position Papers of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 9, pages 151–156 (2016)
Abstract. Web based applications penetrate into every software domain. Even those reserved only to desktop programs are becoming available through web browsers now. This has brought real technical challenges to software developers. Medical programs are not different. In this paper we are proposing new approach to text processing for web browser based medical applications. We are focusing on entering text of medical interpretation which is very important and sensitive aspect of medical report creation. A number of products were reviewed to justify the need for research in this area. The developed approach integrates report assembling, presentation and diagnosis text processing in accordance with medical data safety regulations. We prove that proposed solution based on HTML5 Canvas can be applied to development of the most demanding pathology reporting applications.
- T. Piliouras, A. Fortino, M. Andonov, and H. Huang, “Methodology to assist physicians in the selection of electronic health records software,” in Applications and Technology Conference (LISAT), 2010 Long Island Systems, 2010, pp. 1–6.
- S. Ajami and T. Bagheri-Tadi, “Barriers for Adopting Electronic Health Records (EHRs) by Physicians,” Acta Inform. Medica, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 129–134, 2013.
- “Pathology Reports,” National Cancer Institute. [Online]. Available: http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/diagnosis-staging/diagnosis/pathology-reports-fact-sheet. [Accessed: 26-May-2016].
- P. N. Valenstein, “Formatting pathology reports: applying four design principles to improve communication and patient safety,” Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med., vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 84–94, Jan. 2008.
- “Rich-Text and Html WYSIWYG Content Editing - ASP.NET MVC HTML Rich-Text Content Editor Demo | DevExpress.” [Online]. Available: https://demos.devexpress.com/MVCxHTMLEditorDemos/Features/Features. [Accessed: 26-May-2016].
- “Text Control - .NET Reporting and Word Processing Components for Developers of Windows, Web and Mobile Applications (TX Text Control) http://www.textcontrol.com. [Online]. Available: http://www.textcontrol.com/en_US/. [Accessed: 26-May-2016].
- “TinyMCE | The Most Advanced WYSIWYG HTML Editor.” [Online]. Available: https://www.tinymce.com/. [Accessed: 26-May- 2016].
- “danielearwicker/carota,” GitHub. [Online]. Available: https://github.com/danielearwicker/carota. [Accessed: 26-May-2016].
- “HTML Canvas 2D Context.” [Online]. Available: https://www.w3.org/TR/2dcontext/. [Accessed: 26-May-2016].
- By Laura Bryan CMT BS Technology for the Medical Transcriptionist. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Publishers, 2009.
- “Microsoft Word Online - Work together on Word documents.” [Online]. Available: https://office.live.com/start/Word.aspx. [Accessed: 30-May-2016].
- “Dokumenty Google – twórz i edytuj bezpłatnie dokumenty online.” [Online]. Available: https://www.google.pl/intl/pl/docs/about/. [Accessed: 30-May-2016].