Modelling and evaluation of a multi-tag LED-ID platform
Grzegorz Blinowski, Adrianna Kmieciak
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 1049–1056 (2016)
Abstract. An LED-ID system works like an electronic``tag'' transmitting a short digital broadcasted message. Low complexity LED-ID installations, being a subset of an emerging class of visible light communication (VLC) systems, may be considered as a replacement of popular RFID tags, Bluetooth tags and Wi-Fi beacons. In this work, we focus on multi LED-ID environments with``dense'' tag placement. The problems that we focus on are estimating the level of cross-tag interference and the issue of tag proximity - how closely can we place the tags without making the system unusable? We present a theoretical model with a numerical simulation of sample arrangements. We also describe the results of experiments we conducted in a real-world test environment under different external lighting conditions.
- M. Nakagawa, "Visible Light Communications," In Proc. Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/Quantum Electronics and Laser Science Conference and Photonic Applications Systems Technologies, Baltimore, 2007, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CCNC.2012.6181092
- H. Elgala, R. Mesleh and H. Haas, "Indoor Optical Wireless Communication: Potential and State-of-the-Art," IEEE Communications Magazine, Volume: 49, Issue: 9, 2011, pp. 56-62.
- A. Tsiatmas, C. P. A. Baggen, F. M. Willems, J. P. Linnartz and J. W. Bergmans, "An illumination perspective on visible light communications," In Communications Magazine, IEEE, 52.7, 2014, pp. 64-71.
- Samsung Electronics, ETRI, VLCC, University of Oxford, "Visible Light Communication: Tutorial," 2008, http://www.ieee802.org/802_tutorials/2008-03/15-08-0114-02-0000-VLC_Tutorial_MCO_Samsung-VLCC-Oxford_2008-03-17.pdf
- M. B. Rahaim, A. M. Vegni and T. D. Little, "A hybrid radio frequency and broadcast visible light communication system," in Proc. IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM) Workshops, 2011, pp. 792–796.
- L. B. Chen et al. "Development of a dual-mode visible light communications wireless digital conference system," In Consumer Electronics (ISCE 2014), The 18th IEEE International Symposium on, 2014, pp. 1-2.
- J. P. Javaudin, M. Bellec, D. Varoutas and V. Suraci, "OMEGA ICT Project: Towards Convergent Gigabit Home Networks," in Proc. International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Cannes, France, 2008
- K. D. Langer et al., "Optical Wireless Communications for Broadband Access in Home Area Networks," In Proc. International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks, ICTON, 2008, pp. 149–154, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICTON.2008.4598756
- D.C. O’Brien et al, "Home access networks using optical wireless transmission," In Proc. Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, IEEE 19th International Symposium on, 2008, pp. 1-5
- D.C. O’Brien et al, "Gigabit Optical Wireless for a Home Access Network," in Proc. IEEE 20th International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications, 2009, pp. 1-5.
- H. Le Minh, et al. "100-Mb/s NRZ visible light communications using a postequalized white LED." Photonics Technology Letters, IEEE 21.15 (2009): pp. 1063-1065.
- G. Blinowski, "Security issues in visible light communication systems," IFAC-PapersOnLine 48.4 (2015): 234-239.; http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2405896315008149
- A. Lapidoth and S. Shamai, "The Poisson multiple-access channel," Information Theory, IEEE Transactions on, 44(2), 1998, pp. 488-501.
- P. H. Pathak et al. "Visible Light Communication, Networking, and Sensing: A Survey, Potential and Challenges," Communications Surveys & Tutorials, IEEE 17.4 (2015): 2047-2077.
- F. Xiong. Digital Modulation Techniques, (Artech House Telecommunications Library). Artech House, Inc., 2006.
- A. Agarwal and S. Garima, "SNR Analysis for Visible Light Communication Systems," International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology. Vol. 3. No. 10 (October-2014). ESRSA Publications, 2014.
- T. Komine and M. Nakagawa, "Fundamental analysis for visible-light communication system using LED lights," Consumer Electronics, IEEE Transactions on , vo1.50, no. I , 2004, pp. l00 -107,
- Django REST framework version 3, http://www.django-rest-framework.org/