Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 281–287 (2017)
Abstract. In this paper we examine a number of solutions used in developing multimedia guiding systems for travelers. We pay particular attention to existing mobile audioguide systems and the capabilities they provide for tour creators. The major contribution of this work is to propose a model that would be appropriate for better tour recommendation and playback automation of outdoor travel tours with using geo-positioning. Specifically, we make an effort to advance a just walk concept, and to resolve a number of client-server data synchronization issues in process of tour modification by both tour creators and its users.
- J.-P. Gerval and Y. Le Ru, “Fusion of multimedia and mobile technology in audioguides for museums and exhibitions,” in Fusion of Smart, Multimedia and Computer Gaming Technologies. Springer, 2015, pp. 173–205. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14645-4 8
- A. Gionis, T. Lappas, K. Pelechrinis, and E. Terzi, “Customized tour recommendations in urban areas,” in Proceedings of the 7th ACM international conference on Web search and data mining. ACM, 2014, pp. 313–322. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1145/2556195.2559893
- A. Majid, L. Chen, H. T. Mirza, I. Hussain, and G. Chen, “A system for mining interesting tourist locations and travel sequences from public geo-tagged photos,” Data & Knowledge Engineering, vol. 95, pp. 66–86, 2015.
- O. Patri, K. Singh, A. Panangadan, and V. Prasanna, “Automated planning of leisure walks based on crowd-sourced photographic content,” IEEE ICSC 2015, Anaheim, California, USA, 2015.
- S. J. Berman, “Digital transformation: opportunities to create new business models,” Strategy & Leadership, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 16–24, 2012.
- E. Pyshkin and M. Pyshkin, “Towards better requirement definition for multimedia travel guiding applications,” in Computational Intelligence (SSCI), 2016 IEEE Symposium Series on. IEEE, 2016, pp. 1–7. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.1109/SSCI.2016.7850189
- E. Pyshkin, A. Baratynskiy, A. Chisler, and B. Skripal, “Information management for travelers: Towards better route and leisure suggestion,” in Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), 2016 Federated Conference on, vol. 8. ACSIS, Sept 2016, pp. 429–438. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F224
- G. Open, “Consortium: Opengis simple features specification for sql, revision1. 1,” OpenGIS Project Document, pp. 99–049, 1999.
- “Dbdesigner.net: Online database schema designer,” accessed: May 7, 2017. [Online]. Available: https://dbdesigner.net/
- R. T. Fielding, “Architectural styles and the design of network-based software architectures,” Ph.D. dissertation, University of California, Irvine, 2000.
- “Restful web services tutorial,” accessed: Feb 4, 2017. [Online]. Available: https://www.tutorialspoint.com/restful/index.htm