Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 259–262 (2017)
Abstract. The issue of decision-making and teleological reasoning of autonomous agents constitutes the current work topic for many researchers. The author of  presents a framework allowing for teleological reasoning with the use of values and the possibility of autonomous goal-setting by a device. In this paper we propose to extend this framework by a new manner of representation of the level of value promotion including the required modifications of the reasoning mechanism. The proposed model may become a formal foundation for the realization of the autonomous agent.
- T. Zurek, “Goals, values, and reasoning,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 71, pp. 442 – 456, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2016.11.008
- K. Atkinson and T. Bench-Capon, “Practical reasoning as presumptive argumentation using action based alternating transition systems,” Artificial Intelligence, vol. 171, no. 10-15, pp. 855 – 874, 2007.
- T. Weide, F. Dignum, J.-J. Meyer, H. Prakken, and G. Vreeswijk, “Practical reasoning using values,” in Argumentation in Multi-Agent Systems, ser. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, P. McBurney, I. Rahwan, S. Parsons, and N. Maudet, Eds. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2010, vol. 6057, pp. 79–93. ISBN 978-3-642-12804-2
- K. V. Hindriks, ProgrammingRationalAgents in GOAL. Boston, MA: Springer US, 2009, pp. 119–157. ISBN 978-0-387-89299-3
- T. Bench-Capon and S. Modgil, “Norms and value based reasoning: justifying compliance and violation,” Artificial Intelligence and Law, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 29–64, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10506-017-9194-9
- B. Ksiezopolski, T. Zurek, and M. Mokkas, “Quality of protection evaluation of security mechanisms,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2014/725279
- B. Ksiezopolski, T. Zurek, and M. Mokkas, “On the modelling of context-aware security for mobile devices,” Mobile Information Systems, vol. 2016, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/8743504
- B. Ksiezopolski, “Qop-ml: Quality of protection modelling language for cryptographic protocols,” Computers & Security, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 569 – 596, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cose.2012.01.006
- B. Ksiezopolski, Multilevel Modeling of Secure Systems in QoP-ML. CRC Press, 2015.
- S. Modgil and H. Prakken, “The ASPIC+ framework for structured argumentation: a tutorial,” Argument and Computation, no. 5, pp. 31 – 62, 2014.
- A. Grabowski, “Tarski’s geometry modelled in mizar computerized proof assistant,” in Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, ser. Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, and M. Paprzycki, Eds., vol. 8. IEEE, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F290 pp. 373–381. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F290
- T. Zurek, “Modelling of a’fortiori reasoning,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 39, no. 12, pp. 10 772 – 10 779, 2012.
- T. Zurek, “Instrumental inference in legal expert system,” in Legal Knowledge and Information Systems - JURIX 2011: The Twenty-Fourth Annual Conference, University of Vienna, Austria, 14th-16th December 2011, 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.3233/978-1-60750-981-3-155 pp. 155–159.
- T. Zurek, “Modeling conflicts between legal rules,” in Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, ser. Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, and M. Paprzycki, Eds., vol. 8. IEEE, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F272 pp. 393–402. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F272
- T. Zurek, “Model of argument from social importance,” in Legal Knowledge and Information Systems - JURIX 2014: The Twenty-Seventh Annual Conference, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland, 10-12 December 2014, 2014, pp. 23–28.
- M. Araszkiewicz and T. Zurek, “Interpreting agents,” in Legal Knowledge and Information Systems - JURIX 2016: The Twenty-Ninth Annual Conference, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.3233/978-1-61499-726-9-13 pp. 13–22. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.3233/978-1-61499-726-9-13
- T. Zurek and M. Araszkiewicz, “Modeling teleological interpretation,” in Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Law. ACM, 2013, pp. 160–168.