Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 1235–1238 (2017)
Abstract. The subject of this paper is to compare two different modality multi-touch interactive surfaces based on both: user experience and results of measurements in order to examine how different properties influence usefulness, in specific, their fitness to act as a``coffee table''. Tests were conducted on the Microsoft PixelSense (AKA Surface) and a Samsung touch screen overlay both 40+ inches diagonally. The study covers analysis of obtained measurements and summary of user experience collected over a number of summits and experiments. While tests for both devices returned very similar results, with the overlay more favorable, neither device could truly fit the tested use case due to their inconvenience, form factor and other issues.
- C. Muller-Tomfelde and M. Fjeld, “Tabletops: Interactive Horizontal Displays for Ubiquitous Computing,” Computer, vol. 45, pp. 78–81, 2012.
- A. Wojciechowski, K. Fornalczyk, “Camera navigation support in a virtual environment,” Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences-Technical Sciences, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 871–884, 2015.
- J. Gerken, H.-C. Jetter, T. Schmidt, and H. Reiterer, “Can "touch" get annoying?” in ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces, ser. ITS ’10. New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2010, pp. 257–258. [Online]. Available: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1936652.1936704
- A. Wojciechowski and K. Fornalczyk, “Single web camera robust interactive eye-gaze tracking method,” Bulletin of the Polish Academy of Sciences-Technical Sciences, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 879–886, 2015.
- P. Kucharski, A. Romanowski, K. Grudzień, and P. Woźniak, “TomoSense: Towards Multi-Device Spatial Awareness Based on Independent Plane Sensing,” in Cross Surface 2016 at ACM CHI’16, 2016.
- P. Wozniak, N. Goyal, P. Kucharski, L. Lischke, S. Mayer, and M. Fjeld, “RAMPARTS,” in Proceedings of the 2016 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - CHI ’16. New York, New York, USA: ACM Press, 2016, pp. 2447–2460. [Online]. Available: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?doid=2858036.2858491
- P. Kucharski, P. Łuczak, I. Perenc, T. Jaworski, A. Romanowski, M. Obaid, and P. W. Woźniak, “A personal persuasive avatar for encouraging breaks in office work.” Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, vol. 8, p. 1627–1630, 2016. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F491
- I. Jelliti, A. Romanowski, and K. Grudzień, “Design of crowdsourcing system for analysis of gravitational flow using x-ray visualization,” in Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, ser. Annals of Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, and M. Paprzycki, Eds., vol. 8. IEEE, 2016, pp. 1613–1619. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F288
- C. Chen, P. W. Woźniak, A. Romanowski, M. Obaid, T. Jaworski, J. Kucharski, K. Grudzień, S. Zhao, and M. Fjeld, “Using crowdsourcing for scientific analysis of industrial tomographic images,” ACM Trans. Intell. Syst. Technol., vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 52:1–52:25, Jul. 2016. [Online]. Available: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2897370
- K. Grudzien, Z. Chaniecki, A. Romanowski, M. Niedostatkiewicz, and D. Sankowski, “Ect image analysis methods for shear zone measurements during silo discharging process,” Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 337 – 345, 2012. [Online]. Available: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1004954112603966
- K. Grudzien, A. Romanowski, and R. A. Williams, “Application of a bayesian approach to the tomographic analysis of hopper flow,” Particle and Particle Systems Characterization, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 246–253, 2005. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ppsc.200500951
- P. Dillenbourg and M. Evans, “Interactive tabletops in education,” International Journal of Computer-Supported Collaborative Learning, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 491–514, 12 2011. [Online]. Available: http://link.springer.com/10.1007/s11412-011-9127-7