CALL FOR PAPERS
15th Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS 2020)
Sofia, Bulgaria, 6-9 September, 2020
Strict submission deadline: July 3, 2020, 23:59:59 pm HST (no extensions)
(FedCSIS IEEE conference number: #49059)
Taking into account lack of certainty that it will be possible to organize the conference on-site (in Sofia) in September, we have decided that there is no other way but to organize the conference 100% telepresence based. This decision makes us very sad, but we believe that this is the best one we can make. This decision has consequences. First, the new conference fee has been reduced to 150 euro. Second, since we do not have to deal with local arrangements, we can use the extra time we have to establish the new submission deadline. It is now July 3, 2020 for the regular papers. We are looking forward to e-meet you.
KEY FACTS: expected Proceedings: IEEE Digital Library; indexing: Web of Science (since 2012); 22 Technical Sessions in 5 Tracks; Doctoral Symposium; in 2020 a video/telepresence-based conference; conference fee 150 euro.
FedCSIS is an annual international conference, this year organized jointly by the Polish Information Processing Society (PTI), IEEE Poland Section Computer Society Chapter and Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The mission of the FedCSIS Conference Series is to provide a highly acclaimed forum in computer science and information systems. We invite researchers from around the world to contribute their research results and participate in Technical Sessions focused on their scientific and professional interests in computer science and information systems.
As in the previous years, FedCSIS 2020 will host a data mining challenge. It will be organized on a, recently re-designed, Knowledge Pit platform.
There will also be a special session devoted to this challenge at the FedCSIS 2020 conference.
Since 2012, Proceedings of the FedCSIS conference are indexed in the Web of Science, SCOPUS and other indexing services. This already includes Proceedings of FedCSIS 2018 (we are awaiting the decision for the FedCSIS 2019). Information about FedCSIS indexing / bibliometry / rankings can be found at: FedCSIS indexation page.
FedCSIS TRACKS AND TECHNICAL SESSIONS
The FedCSIS 2020 consists of five conference Tracks, hosting Technical Sessions:
Track 1: Artificial Intelligence
* Advanced Artificial Intelligence in Applications (15th Symposium AAIA'20)
* Advances in Semantic Information Retrieval (9th International Workshop ASIR'20)
* Formal Approaches to Vagueness in Relation to Mereology (1st Symposium FVRM'20)
* Language Technologies and Applications (5th Workshop LTA'20)
* Computational Optimization (13th Workshop WCO'20)
Track 2: Computer Science & Systems
* Advances in Computer Science & Systems (ACSS'20)
* Actors, Agents, Assistants, Avatars (1st Workshop 4A'20)
* Computer Aspects of Numerical Algorithms (13th Workshop CANA'20)
* Multimedia Applications and Processing (13th Symposium MMAP'20)
* Scalable Computing (11th Workshop WSC'20)
Track 3: Network Systems and Applications
* Advances in Network Systems and Applications (ANSA'20)
* Internet of Things - Enablers, Challenges and Applications (4rd Workshop IoT-ECAW'20)
* Cyber Security, Privacy and Trust (1st International Forum NEMESIS'20)
Track 4: Information Systems and Technologies
* Advances in Information Systems and Technologies (AIST'20)
* Data Science in Health, Ecology and Commerce (DSH'19) (2nd Special Session DSH'20)
* Information Systems Management (15th Conference ISM'20)
* Knowledge Acquisition and Management (26th Conference KAM'20)
Track 5: Software and System Engineering
* Advances in Software and System Engineering (ASSE'20)
* Cyber-Physical Systems (7th Workshop IWCPSí20)
* Lean and Agile Software Development (4th International Conference LASD'20)
* Model Driven Approaches in System Development (6th Workshop MDASD'20)
* Software Engineering (40th IEEE Workshop SEWí20)
Track 6: DS-RAIT'20 - 7th Doctoral Symposium on Recent Advances in Information Technology
* Christian Blum, Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (IIIA-CSIC), Barcelona, Spain
Keynote title: Are you a Hybrid? Yes, of course, everyone is a Hybrid nowadays!
* George Boustras, European University Cyprus
Keynote title: Critical Infrastructure Protection ñ on the interface of safety and security
* Hans-Georg Fill, University of Fribourg, Switzerland
Keynote title: From Digital Transformation to Digital Ubiquity: The Role of Enterprise Modeling
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
+ Papers should be submitted by July 3, 2020 (strict deadline, no extensions, submission system will be opened in the first week of March).
+ Preprints will be published on a USB memory stick and provided to the FedCSIS participants.
+ Only papers presented during the conference will be submitted to the IEEE for inclusion in the Xplore Digital Library. Furthermore, proceedings, published in a volume with ISBN, ISSN and DOI numbers, will posted within the conference Web portal. Moreover, most Technical Session organizers arrange quality journals, edited volumes, etc., and may invite selected extended and revised papers for post-conference publications (information can be found at the websites of individual events, or by contacting Chairs of said events).
+ Paper submission (strict deadline): July 3, 2020, 23:59:59 pm HST (there will be no extension)
+ Position paper submission: July 17, 2020
+ Author notification: August 1, 2020
+ Final paper submission, registration and payment: August 14, 2020
+ Conference date: September 6-9, 2020
CHAIRS OF FedCSIS CONFERENCE SERIES
Maria Ganzha, Leszek A. Maciaszek, Marcin Paprzycki
CONTACT FedCSIS at: email@example.com
FedCSIS in Social Media:
FedCSIS on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/FedCSISFacebook
FedCSIS on LinkedIN: https://tinyurl.com/FedCSISonLinkedIN
FedCSIS on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FedCSIS
FedCSIS on XING: http://preview.tinyurl.com/FedCSISonXING