Citation: Proceedings of the 2017 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 11, pages 613–621 (2017)
Abstract. The image retrieval from multimedia databases is a very challenging problem nowadays. Not only it requires the proper query form, but also efficient methods of data storage. The problem is important, because nowadays there are many different systems which needs image retrieval. As an example web searching engines may be given, which had to store a very huge amount of images and needs fast image retrieval of chosen ones. Also social media portals increasingly face the same requirements. This paper presents a new Content Based Image Retrieval database. It is based on new object representation which is based on approximation of objects by a set of shapes. The structure of the database is designed in order to reduce the number of comparisons using a tree structure. The main advantages of the proposed solution are: easy queries for users, faster image retrieval and ability to parallelize queries.
- T. Kasai and K. Takano, “Design of sketch-based image search ui for finger gesture,” in 2016 10th International Conference on Complex, Intelligent, and Software Intensive Systems (CISIS), July 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CISIS.2016.140 pp. 516–521.
- S. Deniziak and T. Michno, “Content based image retrieval using query by approximate shape,” in 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), Sept 2016, pp. 807–816.
- S. law Deniziak and T. Michno, “Query by shape for image retrieval from multimedia databases,” Beyond Databases, Architectures and Structures, p. 377.
- S. Deniziak, T. Michno, and A. Krechowicz, “The scalable distributed two-layer content based image retrieval data store,” in 2015 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems (FedCSIS), Sept 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2015F272 pp. 827–832.
- S. Deniziak and T. Michno, “Query-by-shape interface for content based image retrieval,” in 2015 8th International Conference on Human System Interaction (HSI), June 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/HSI.2015.7170652. ISSN 2158-2246 pp. 108–114.
- C.-Y. Li and C.-T. Hsu, “Image retrieval with relevance feedback based on graph-theoretic region correspondence estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 447–456, April 2008.
- H. H. Wang, D. Mohamad, and N. A. Ismail, “Approaches, challenges and future direction of image retrieval,” CoRR, vol. abs/1006.4568, 2010.
- A. Singh, S. Shekhar, and A. Jalal, “Semantic based image retrieval using multi-agent model by searching and filtering replicated web images,” in Information and Communication Technologies (WICT), 2012 World Congress on, Oct 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/WICT.2012.6409187 pp. 817–821.
- C.-Y. Li and C.-T. Hsu, “Image retrieval with relevance feedback based on graph-theoretic region correspondence estimation,” Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 447–456, April 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2008.917421
- B. Li, Y. Lu, and J. Shen, “A semantic tree-based approach for sketchbased 3d model retrieval,” in 2016 23rd International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR), Dec 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICPR.2016.7900240 pp. 3880–3885.
- M. Mocofan, I. Ermalai, M. Bucos, M. Onita, and B. Dragulescu, “Supervised tree content based search algorithm for multimedia image databases,” in 2011 6th IEEE International Symposium on Applied Computational Intelligence and Informatics (SACI), May 2011. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SACI.2011.5873049 pp. 469–472.
- H. P. Kriegel, P. Kroger, P. Kunath, and A. Pryakhin, “Effective similarity search in multimedia databases using multiple representations,” in 2006 12th International Multi-Media Modelling Conference, 2006. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/MMMC.2006.1651355. ISSN 1550-5502 pp. 4
- T. K. Shih, “Distributed multimedia databases,” T. K. Shih, Ed. Hershey, PA, USA: IGI Global, 2002, ch. Distributed Multimedia Databases, pp. 2–12. ISBN 1-930708-29-7. [Online]. Available: http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=510695.510697
- A. Sluzek, “Machine vision in food recognition: Attempts to enhance CBVIR tools,” in Position Papers of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, FedCSIS 2016, Gdańsk, Poland, September 11-14, 2016., M. Ganzha, L. A. Maciaszek, and M. Paprzycki, Eds., 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/2016F579. ISBN 978-83-60810-93-4 pp. 57–61. [Online]. Available: https://doi.org/10.15439/2016F579
- C. Lalos, A. Doulamis, K. Konstanteli, P. Dellias, and T. Varvarigou, “An innovative content-based indexing technique with linear response suitable for pervasive environments,” in 2008 International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing, June 2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CBMI.2008.4564983. ISSN 1949-3983 pp. 462–469.
- A. Sluzek, “On moment-based local operators for detecting image patterns,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 287 – 298, 2005.
- M. Bielecka and M. Skomorowski, Fuzzy-aided Parsing for Pattern Recognition. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2007, pp. 313–318. ISBN 978-3-540-75175-5. [Online]. Available: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-75175-5_39
- T. Kato, T. Kurita, N. Otsu, and K. Hirata, “A sketch retrieval method for full color image database-query by visual example,” in 11th IAPR International Conference on Pattern Recognition, Vol.I. Conference A: Computer Vision and Applications, Aug 1992, pp. 530–533.
- Y. Zhang, X. Qian, X. Tan, J. Han, and Y. Tang, “Sketch-based image retrieval by salient contour reinforcement,” IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, vol. 18, no. 8, pp. 1604–1615, Aug 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMM.2016.2568138
- X. Qian, X. Tan, Y. Zhang, R. Hong, and M. Wang, “Enhancing sketch-based image retrieval by re-ranking and relevance feedback,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 195–208, Jan 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TIP.2015.2497145
- C. Lalos, A. Doulamis, K. Konstanteli, P. Dellias, and T. Varvarigou, “An innovative content-based indexing technique with linear response suitable for pervasive environments,” in International Workshop on Content-Based Multimedia Indexing, June 2008, pp. 462–469.
- S. Kiranyaz and M. Gabbouj, “Hierarchical cellular tree: An efficient indexing scheme for content-based retrieval on multimedia databases,” Multimedia, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 102–119, Jan 2007.
- P. Sitek and J. Wikarek, “A hybrid framework for the modelling and optimisation of decision problems in sustainable supply chain management,” International Journal of Production Research, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2015.1005762