Citation: Communication Papers of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 17, pages 171–178 (2018)
Abstract. Attraction of investments into the electric power industry is complicated by a number of problems related to the long payback period and instability of the conditions on the market. Investors in the electric power industry must invest huge sums of money and hope for maintaining high demand and prices in the future in order to get a payback from the project. Decentralized investment distributes risks and allows you to raise a sufficient profit. In the paper Authors will consider the possibility of using distributed register systems to involve potential energy consumers in investing in the construction of generating facilities with a certain amount of energy at a reduced price in the future. In addition, the blockchain system allows to solve problems of the electric power market: simplify and make more flexible maintenance of transactions, automate trade settlements, reduce the risks of non-fulfillment of obligations. In turn, the improved interaction environment of market participants will make the market more stable, which will increase the investment attractiveness of the industry.
- F. V. Veselov, A. Khokhlov, Internet of Energy: how distributed energy will affect security, prices for electricity and ecological situation, Russian version of Forbes, section "Business", October 18, 2017 [In Russian]
- M. J. Mamontova, “Blockchain and opportunities of its implementation in energy”, Information technology in science, management, social sphere and medicine, Collected scientific proceedings of IV International scientific conference, December 5-8 2017, Tomsk – pp. 417-419 [In Russian]
- E. D. Bogdanova, L. G. Valieva, “Cryptocurrency and energy”, Problems, prospects and tendencies of innovative science development: collected articles of international academic and research conference, 2017, pp. 63-67 [In Russian]
- PwC, Use cases for blockchain technology in Energy & Commodity trading – 2017, [online] Available at: https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/ industries/assets/blockchain-technology-in-energy.pdf [Accessed 2018]
- Deloitte, Blockchain applications in energy trading, 2016, [online] Available at: https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/energy-and-resources/articles/role-of-blockchain-in-the-energy-and-resources-industry.html [Accessed 2018]
- CCN, Energy Sector Invests $300 Million In Blockchain In Past Year, [online] Available at: https://www.ccn.com/energy-sector-invests-300-million-in-blockchain-in-past-year/ [Accessed 2018]
- Aitzhan, N. Zhumabekuly, and D. Svetinovic, “Security and privacy in decentralized energy trading through multi-signatures, blockchain and anonymous messaging streams”, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, 2016
- J. Sikorski, J. Haughton, and M. Kraft., “Blockchain technology in the chemical industry: Machine-to-machine electricity market”, Applied Energy No. 195 (2017), pp. 234-246
- E. Mengelkamp, et al., “A blockchain-based smart grid: towards sustainable local energy markets”, Computer Science-Research and Development no. 33.1-2 (2018): 207-214
- J. Mattila, et al. “Industrial blockchain platforms: An exercise in use case”, Development in the energy industry no. 43. The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, 2016
- Anon, (n.d.). Smart Contract Application Examples and Use Cases .... [online] Available at: https://www.draglet.com/blockchain-applications/smart-contracts/use-cases [Accessed 2018].
- Anon, (n.d.). Smart Contract - A Fully Decentralized Oracle Network. [online] Available at: https://link.smartcontract.com [Accessed 2018].
- Arstechnica. Bitcoin’s insane energy consumption, explained - [online]: URL:https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/bitcoins-insane-energy-consumption-explained/
- M. Kindy, Divine: A Blockchain Reputation System For Determining Good Market Actors https://medium.com/topl-blog/divine-a-blockchain-reputation-system-for-determining-good-market-actors-7c47a0308ae/ [Accessed 2018].