Citation: Communication Papers of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 17, pages 189–195 (2018)
Abstract. The dazzling progress in information and communication technologies, contributed significantly to the emergence of cloud computing paradigm, where it promotes prosperity in all fields of human activity, especially in business. Furthermore, manage the resource allocation and use in ways that sharing with large number of users, consider as one of the challenges facing the cloud computing environment today. Because cloud processes a huge tasks, which require the employment of scheduling techniques to handle and monitor the resources in an optimal, ﬂexible and dynamic manner. In this paper, we review a new approach called Spacing-MOGA based on spacing distance to rank no-dominate solutions. It aims mainly to minimize both the makespan and cost of execution tasks on virtual machines (VMs). As well, we study its impact on the availability of resources. Experimental results show that S-MOGA is better than Maxmin, PSO and MOGA methods, especially as it minimizes the number of active VMs.
- Ali Belgacem, Kadda Beghdad-Bey, and Hassina Nacer. Task scheduling in cloud computing environment: A comprehensive analysis. In International Conference on Computer Science and its Applications, pages 14–26, Algiers, Algeria, 24-25 April 2018. Springer.
- Kadda Beghdad Bey, Farid Benhammadi, Mohamed El Yazid Boudaren, and Salim Khamadja. Load balancing heuristic for tasks scheduling in cloud environment. In Proceedings of the 19th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems – Volume 1: ICEIS,, pages 489–495, April 26-29, in Porto, Portugal, 2017. INSTICC, SciTePress.
- Rodrigo N Calheiros, Rajiv Ranjan, Anton Beloglazov, César AF De Rose, and Rajkumar Buyya. Cloudsim: a toolkit for modeling and simulation of cloud computing environments and evaluation of resource provisioning algorithms. Software: Practice and experience, 41(1):23–50, 2011.
- Juan J Durillo and Radu Prodan. Multi-objective workflow scheduling in amazon ec2. Cluster computing, 17(2):169–189, 2014.
- L Falahiazar and H Shah-Hosseini. Optimisation of engineering system using a novel search algorithm: the spacing multi-objective genetic algorithm. Connection Science, pages 1–17, 2018.
- Tarun Goyal, Ajit Singh, and Aakanksha Agrawal. Cloudsim: simulator for cloud computing infrastructure and modeling. Procedia Engineering, 38:3566–3572, 2012.
- Ashish Gupta and Ritu Garg. Load balancing based task scheduling with aco in cloud computing. In Computer and Applications (ICCA), 2017 International Conference on, pages 174–179, Doha, United Arab Emirates, 6-7 Sept 2017. IEEE.
- Mala Kalra and Sarbjeet Singh. A review of metaheuristic scheduling techniques in cloud computing. Egyptian informatics journal, 16(3):275–295, 2015.
- Mohammad Masdari, Sima ValiKardan, Zahra Shahi, and Sonay Imani Azar. Towards workflow scheduling in cloud computing: a comprehensive analysis. Journal of Network and Computer Applications, 66:64–82, 2016.
- Mohand Mezmaz, Nouredine Melab, Yacine Kessaci, Young Choon Lee, E-G Talbi, Albert Y Zomaya, and Daniel Tuyttens. A parallel biobjective hybrid metaheuristic for energy-aware scheduling for cloud computing systems. Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 71(11):1497–1508, 2011.
- Giuseppe Portaluri and Stefano Giordano. Multi objective virtual machine allocation in cloud data centers. In Cloud Networking (Cloudnet), 2016 5th IEEE International Conference on, pages 107–112, Pisa, Italy, 3-5 Oct 2016. IEEE.
- Fan Zhang, Junwei Cao, Keqin Li, Samee U Khan, and Kai Hwang. Multi-objective scheduling of many tasks in cloud platforms. Future Generation Computer Systems, 37:309–320, 2014.
- Zhaomeng Zhu, Gongxuan Zhang, Miqing Li, and Xiaohui Liu. Evolutionary multi-objective workflow scheduling in cloud. IEEE Transactions on parallel and distributed Systems, 27(5):1344–1357, 2016.
- Liyun Zuo, LEI Shu, Shoubin Dong, Chunsheng Zhu, and Takahiro Hara. A multi-objective optimization scheduling method based on the ant colony algorithm in cloud computing. IEEE Access, 3:2687–2699, 2015.