Citation: Communication Papers of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 17, pages 135–139 (2018)
Abstract. In this paper the basics of data predictive modeling (using the method of minimization mean square error) for lossless audio compression are presented. The described research focuses on inter-channel analysis and setting range of prediction in dependencies of frame size. In addition, the concept of data flow using inter-channel dependencies and an authorial, effective and flexible method of saving prediction coefficients are presented.
- S. Andriani, G. Calvagno, T. Erseghe, G. A. Mian, M. Durigon, R. Rinaldo, M. Knee, P. Walland, M. Koppetz, Comparison of lossy to lossless compression techniques for digital cinema, Proceedings of International Conference on Image Processing ICIP’04, 24-27 Oct. 2004, vol. 1, pp. 513-516.
- C. D. Giurcaneau, I. Tabus, J. Astola, Adaptive context based sequential prediction for lossless audio compression, Proceedings of IX European Signal Processing Conference EUSIPCO 1998, Rhodes, Greece, Sept. 1998, vol. 4, pp. 2349-2352.
- S. W. Golomb, Run-length encoding, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, July 1966, vol. 12, pp. 399-401.
- H. Huang, P. Fränti, D. Huang, S. Rahardja, Cascaded RLS-LMS prediction in MPEG-4 lossless audio coding, IEEE Trans. on Audio, Speech and Language Processing, March 2008, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 554-562.
- T. Liebchen , Y. A. Reznik, Improved Forward-Adaptive Prediction for MPEG-4 Audio Lossless Coding, in 118th AES Convention, 28-31 May 2005, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 1-10.
- E. Ravelli, P. Gournay, R. Lefebvre, A Two-Stage MLP+NLMS Lossless coder for stereo audio, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP’06), Toulouse, France, 14-19 May 2006, vol. 5, pp. V_177-180.
- Y. A. Reznik, Coding of prediction residual in MPEG-4 standard for lossless audio coding (MPEG-4 ALS), Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP’04), Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 17-21 May 2004, vol. 3, pp. III_1024-1027.
- R. F. Rice, Some practical universal noiseless coding techniques, Jet Propulsion Labolatory, JPL Publication 79-22, Pasadena, CA, March 1979.
- T. Robinson, SHORTEN: Simple lossless and near-lossless waveform compression, Cambridge Univ. Eng. Dept., Cambridge, UK, Tech. Rep. 156, 1994, pp. 1-17.
- K. Sayood, Introduction to Data Compression, 2nd edition, Morgan Kaufmann Publ., San Francisco, 2002.
- G. Ulacha, R. Stasiński, Entropy Coder for Audio Signals, International journal of electronics and telecomunications, Vol. 61, No. 2, Poland, pp. 219-224, 2015
- R. Yu, S. Rahardja, C. C. Ko, H. Huang, Improving coding efficiency for MPEG-4 Audio Scalable Lossless coding, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP’05), Philadelphia, PA, USA, 18-23 March 2005, vol. 3, pp. III_169-172.
- Yuli You, Audio coding. Theory and applications, 1st edition, Springer, New York 2010.