Citation: Communication Papers of the 2018 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 17, pages 205–211 (2018)
Abstract. The process lifecycle systematizes the method of implementing and managing business processes in the organization. Due to changes in the social culture and the availability of technologies, the process lifecycle are also undergoing constant changes. The aim of this article is to analyze the direction of these changes and to propose a new process lifecycle, which would account for the requirements of the knowledge economy. The article presents an overview of relevant literature on managing the process lifecycle. In the second part, it discusses changes to the principles of holding business operations, which are increasingly more limiting with respect to the scope of using traditional process management. In the third part, the article proposes an updated the business process lifecycle, which would adjust the lifecycle to observed business changes and make use of emerging ICT solutions. The proposed process lifecycle guarantees the coherence of the implementation process in KE.
- G. Polancic, “Learning BPMN 2.0 – Business Process Vs Workflow,” 2013, http://blog.goodelearning.com/bpmn/business-process-vs-workflow/
- Software AG, “Enterprise BPM series: a summary,” 2011, http://www.ariscommunity.com/users/nina-uhl/2011-07-26-enterprise-bpm-series-summary
- M. Dumas, M. La Rosa, J. Mendling, and H. Reijers, Fundamentals of Business Process Management. Heidelberg: Springer, 2016.
- R. Macedo de Morais, S. Kazan, S. Dallavalle de Padua, and A. Costa, “An analysis of BPM lifecycles: from a literature review to a framework proposal,” Business Process Management Journal, May pp. 412-432, 2014, http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/BPMJ-03-2013-0035.
- BPM Resource Center, “Understanding BPM and Related Improvement Methodologies,” 2014, http://www.what-is-bpm.com/get_started/bpm_methodology.html
- P. Pande, R. Neuman, and R. Cavanagh, “Six Sigma”, Warszawa, K.E. Liber S.C., 2003, pp. 37, 141-142.
- T. Gulledge, S. Hiroshige, and D. Manning, “Composite Supply Chain Applications,” 2011, https://www.intechopen.com/books/supply-chain-management-new-perspectives/composite-supply-chain-applications, p. 49, http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/21927.
- PNM SOFT, “BPM Lifecycle,” 2017, http://www.pnmsoft.com/resources/bpm-tutorial/bpm-lifecycle/
- A. Pourshahid, D. Amyot, L. Peyton, S. Ghanavati, P, Chen, M. Weiss and A. Forster, “Business process management with the user requirements notation,” Electronic Commerce Research, vol. 9, 2009, pp. 269–316, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10660-009-9039-z
- C. Di Ciccio, A. Marrella, and A. Russo, “Knowledge-intensive Processes Characteristics, Requirements and Analysis of Contemporary Approaches,” Journal on Data Semantics, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 29–57, https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Claudio_Di_Ciccio/publication/269629902_Knowledge-Intensive_Processes_Characteristics_Requirements_and_Analysis_of_Contemporary_Approaches/links/576a501a08ae1a43d23bca3c.pdf
- A. Bitkowska, „Zarządzanie procesowe we współczesnych organizacjach,” 2013, Warszawa: Difin SA, pp. 66-83.
- R. Bernardo, G. Ribeiro, and S. Dallavalle de Pádua, “The BPM lifecycle How to incorporate a view external to the organization through dynamic capability,” Business Process Management Journal, vol. 23, no. 1, 2017, pp. 155 – 175.
- E. Olding and C. Rozwell, “Expand Your BPM Horizons by Exploring Unstructured Processes.”, 2009, Gartner Technical Report G00172387,.
- K. Swenson, “Mastering the Unpredictable: How Adaptive Case Management Will Revolutionize the Way That Knowledge Workers Get Things Done.” Tampa (USA): Meghan-Kiffer Press. 2010. pp. 30-31.
- Process Mining Manifesto. 2012, http://www.win.tue.nl/ieeetfpm/doku.php?id=shared:process_mining_manifesto
- K. Kania, „Doskonalenie zarządzania procesami biznesowymi w organizacji z wykorzystaniem modeli dojrzałości i technologii informacyjno-komunikacyjnych,” Katowice: Wydawnictwo Uniwersytetu Ekonomicznego w Katowicach, 2013, pp. 85-87.
- M. Szelągowski, “Becoming a Learning Organization Through Dynamic Business Process Management,” Journal of Entrepreneurship, Management and Innovation (JEMI), vol. 10, no. 1, 2014, pp. 147-166.
- HandySoft, “Dynamic BPM – The Value of Embedding Process into Dynamic Work Activities: A Comparison Between BPM and Email.” 2012, http://www.bizflow.com/system/files/downloads/HandySoft%20- %20Dynamic%20BPM%20White%20Paper_0.pdf.
- T. Austin, “Gartner Says the World of Work Will Witness 10 Changes During the Next 10 Years.” 2010, https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/1416513
- J. Ukelson, “Adaptive Case Management over Business Process Management.” 2010, http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/lessons-process-management/adaptive-case-management-over-business-process-management-40002.