Citation: Position Papers of the 2019 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 19, pages 3–7 (2019)
Abstract. Nowadays technologies are changing every day and with them all services and tools in cases of disaster situations increase. However some sectors such as emergency planning and response are still having difficulties to implement the new technologies. In our paper we will present idea on how new technologies in flood risk mapping visualization can give more options to the first responders and optimize their time for reaction. The test area is located in Armenia, where exist a special dam constructed for mining purposes. It is built in earthquake vulnerable area and we evaluate the risk of dam break at that location. The final results which are flood risk maps are implemented in specially developed open source web-GIS tool. This tool is applicable for decision making in operational room or any other first responder facilities.
- Georisk CJSC (2017) Assessment of the Multi-Component Risk Determined by the Maximum Seismic Impact on the Kapan City (Multi-Hazard City Scenario). Project # ARM 10-0000005849, Final Report.
- Gevorgyan A., Minasyan R., Khondkaryan V., Antonyan A. (2014) The Prediction of Possible Flooding of the Territory as a Result of the Accident of the Geghi Reservoir Dam.
- Costa, John E., 1985. Floods from Dam Failures. United States Department of the Interior, Geological Survey, Open-File Report 85-560, Denver, CO.
- Atallah, Tony A., 2002. A Review on Dams and Breach Parameters Estimation. Master of Science in Hydrosystems Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University, Blacksburg, VA, January 2002.
- Wahl, Tony L., "Dam Breach Modeling – an Overview of Analysis Methods". Joint Federal Interagency Conference on Sedimentation and Hydrologic Modeling. June 27 - July 1, 2010, Las Vegas, NV.
- Schlaffer S., Harutyunyan A. (2018) Working Paper: LCLU Voghji River Basin AUA Acopian Center for the Environment, AUA GIS and Remote Sensing Lab.