Impact of training quality on expected training service prices of learners at Vietnamese public universities
Vu Thi Kim Anh, Hoang Thi Viet Ha
Citation: Proceedings of the 2021 International Conference on Research in Management & Technovation, Vu Dinh Khoa, Shivani Agarwal, Gloria Jeanette Rincon Aponte, Nguyen Thi Hong Nga, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Ewa Ziemba (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 28, pages 83–89 (2021)
Abstract. The research measured and evaluated the influence of 6 factors, namely: program coordination organization, lecturers, training programs, teaching and learning methods, facilities, and personal expectations of students to the expected price of higher education services at Vietnamese public Universities. The results show that all 6 factors had positive effects on the expected price of higher education services. The training program had the strongest impact on the expected price of higher education services, followed by the lecturer factor. On that basis, we propose appropriate recommendations to improve and enhance the quality of higher education services towards sustainable development of higher education for Vietnamese public Universities
- Breidert, C. (2006), Estimation of Willingness-to-Pay: Theory, Measurement, Application, (Springer e-books.) Wiesbaden: Deutscher UniversitSts-Verlag.
- Campos, D. F., dos Santos, G. S., and Castro, F. N. (2017), Variations in student perceptions of service quality of higher education institutions in Brazil, Quality Assurance in Education.
- Chikazhe, L., Makanyeza, C., and Kakava, N. Z. (2020), ‘The effect of perceived service quality, satisfaction and loyalty on perceived job performance: perceptions of university graduates’, Journal of Marketing for Higher Education, 1-18.
- Callender, C. (2006), Access to higher education in Britain: The impact of tuition fees and financial assistance. In: Teixeira, P.N., Johnstone, D.B., Rosa,M.J. and Vossensteyn, J.J. (eds.) (2006), Cost‐sharing and accessibility in higher education: A fairer deal? Douro Series: Higher Education Dynamics, Vol. 14. Dordrecht, The Netherlands: Springer.
- Dung, V.X., Hoa, N., Hang, T.T. (2019), https://tapchitaichinh.vn/ nghien- cuu-trao-doi/yeu-to-tac-dong-den-muc-hoc-phi-ky-vong-tai-cac-truong-dai-hoc-cong-lap-viet-nam-310312.html.
- Farahmandian, S., Minavand, H., & Afshardost, M. (2013), ‘Perceived service quality and student satisfaction in higher education’, Journal of Business and Management, 12(4), 65-74
- Fatima, S., Ahmed, A., Fatima, S., and Fatima, N. (2018), ‘The Role of Student Expectation and Service Quality in Higher Education Institutions of Pakistan’, Journal of Management and Research, 5(2), 1-20.
- Firdaus A. (2005), ‘HEdPERF versus SERVPERF: The quest for ideal measuring instrument of service quality in higher education sector’, Quality Assurance in Education, Vol. 13, no. 4, pp.305 – 328.
- Jackson, M.T. (2012), The production of new potato varieties:technological advances, Cambridge University Press, 248-261
- Johnstone, B. (2003), ‘Cost Sharing in Higher Education: Tuition, Financial Assistance, and Accessibility in Comparative Perspective’, Czech Sociological Review, 39(3), 351-374.
- Jongbloed, B. (2004), Tuition Fees in Europe and Australasia: Theory, Trends and Policies. In Smart, J.C. (ed.), Higher Education, Handbook of Theory and Research, Vol. XIX. Dordrecht: Kluwer, 2004, pp. 241–309.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J. & Anderson, R. E. (2010), Multivariate Data Analysis: A Global Perspective, New Jersey, Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Hung, T.Q. (2016), Policy on university tuition fees in Vietnam’, Doctoral thesis, VNU University of Economics and Business
- Mizutani, F., Nakayama, N & Tanaka, T. (2015), Determinants of University Tuition on Japan, Kobe University. OECD [Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development] (2010), Trends Shaping Education-2010, Paris: OECD Publishing.
- Nha,P.X. and Hoan, P.X. (2016), 'Scientific basis for determining higher education fees: Results from the HEDONIC model’, Journal of Economics and Development, Vol 226, April 2016.
- Pedro, E., Mendes, L., và Lourenço, L. (2018). Perceived Service Quality And Student's Satisfaction In Higher Education: The Influence Of Teaching Methods. International Journal for Quality Research, 12(1).
- Pheunpha,P. (2019), A Factor Analysis Of Student’ Perceived Service Quality In Higher Education. ABAC Journal Vol.39 No.4(October-December, 2019 pp 90-110).
- Tang, T.L., Hsiung, D.S & Tang, C.S. (2012), ‘College tuition and perceptions of private university quality’, Inter national Journal of Educational Management, 18(5), 304-316.
- Tho, N.D. (2011), Scientific research methods in business: Design and implementation, Labour and Social Publishing House.