Outage Performance of Full-Duplex Dual-hop Relaying System With Energy Harvesting Using Fountain Codes
Nguyen Hong Viet, Dang The Hung, Nguyen Thi Thanh Hoai, Nguyen Hoang Anh, Nguyen Hoanh Viet, Gia-Thinh Vo
Citation: Proceedings of the 2022 Seventh International Conference on Research in Intelligent and Computing in Engineering, Vu Dinh Khoa, Shivani Agarwal, Gloria Jeanette Rincon Aponte, Nguyen Thi Hong Nga, Vijender Kumar Solanki, Ewa Ziemba (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 33, pages 43–47 (2022)
Abstract. In this paper, we consider a dual-hop relaying network exploiting fountain codes, where a source node and a destination node are single antenna, while a relay node is equipped two antennas. Moreover, the relay node is a energy constrained device, so it must harvest the radio frequency signals of the source to assist the data transmission from the source to the destination with full-duplex mode to increase double channel capacity. We evaluate the performance of the system through the derived exact outage probability expression over Rayleigh fading channels. Finally, Monte-Carlo simulations are performed to verify the theoretical results of the proposed protocol.
- S. Malathy, et al. “Routing constraints in the device-to-device communication for beyond IoT 5G networks: a review,” Wirel. Netw., vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 3207-3231, 2021.
- M. O. Hasna and M.-S. Alouini, “End-to-end performance of transmission systems with relays over Rayleigh-fading channels,” IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun., vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 1126-1131, 2003.
- M. Hasna and M.-S. Alouini, “A performance study of dual-hop transmissions with fixed gain relays,” IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun., vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 1963-1968, Nov. 2004.
- L. Dai, B. Wang, Z. Ding, Z. Wang, S. Chen, and L. Hanzo, “A survey of non-orthogonal multiple access for 5G,” IEEE Commun. Surv. Tutor., vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 2294-2323, 2018.
- G. Durisi, T. Koch, and P. Popovski, “Toward massive, ultrareliable, and low-latency wireless communication with short packets,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 104, no. 9, pp. 1711-1726, 2016.
- D. Borges, P. Montezuma, R. Dinis, and M. Beko, “Massive MIMO techniques for 5G and beyond-opportunities and challenges,” Electronics, vol. 10, no. 14, pp. 1667, 2021.
- J. Mitola and G. Q. Maguire, “Cognitive radio: Making software radios more personal,” IEEE Pers. Commun., vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 13-18, Aug. 1999.
- T. X. Doan, T. M. Hoang, T. Q. Duong, and H. Q. Ngo, “Energy harvesting-based D2D networks in the presence of interference and ambient RF sources,” IEEE Access, Mar. 2017.
- Z. Zhongshan, C. Xiaomeng, L. Keping, A. V. Vasilakos, and L. Hanzo, “Full duplex techniques for 5G networks: self-interference cancellation, protocol design, and relay selection,” IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 128-137, 2015.
- S. Ulukus et al., “Energy harvesting wireless communications: A review of recent advances,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. PP, no. 99, pp. 1-1, 2015.
- V.-D. Nguyen, T. Q. Duong, H. D. Tuan, O.-S. Shin, and H. V. Poor, “Spectral and energy efficiencies in full-duplex wireless information and power transfer,” IEEE Trans. on Commun., vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 2220-2233, 2017.
- A. Koc, I. Altunbas, and E. Basar, “Two-way full-duplex spatial modulation systems with wireless powered AF relaying,” IEEE Wirel. Commun. Lett., vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 444-447, 2018.
- Y. Jingrui, L. Xuefang, and Y. Qinghai, “Power allocation of two way full-duplex AF relay under residual self-interference,” in Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT), 2014 14th International Symposium on, 2014, pp. 213-217.
- B. C. Nguyen, T. M. Hoang, and P. T. Tran, “Performance analysis of full-duplex decode-and-forward relay system with energy harvesting over nakagami-m fading channels,” International Journal of Electronics and Communications, vol. 98, pp. 114-122, 2019.
- B. C. Nguyen, X. N. Tran, T. M. Hoang, “Performance analysis of full-duplex vehicle-to-vehicle relay system over double-rayleigh fading channels,” Mob. Netw. Appl., vol. 25, pp. 363-372, 2020.
- P. T. Tin, T. N. Nguyen, D. H. Tran, M. Voznak, V. D. Phan, and S. Chatzinotas, “Performance enhancement for full-duplex relaying with time-switching-based SWIPT in wireless sensors networks,” Sensors, vol. 21, no. 11, pp. 3847, 2021.
- D. J. C. Mackay, “Fountain codes,” IEEE Proc. Commun., vol. 152, pp. 1062-1068, Dec. 2005.
- J. Castura and Y. Mao, “Rateless coding for wireless relay channels,” IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun., vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 1638-1642, May 2007.
- T. T. Duy and H.Y. Kong, “Secondary spectrum access in cognitive radio networks using rateless codes over rayleigh fading channels,” Wirel. Pers. Commun., vol. 77, no. 2, pp. 963-978, Jul. 2014.
- X. Wang, W. Chen, and Z. Cao, “A rateless coding based multi-relay cooperative transmission scheme for cognitive radio networks,” in IEEE Globecom, Honolulu, HI, USA, Nov. 2009, pp. 164-169.
- X. Di, K. Xiong, P. Fan, and H. C. Yang, “Simultaneous wireless information and power transfer in cooperative relay networks with rateless codes,” IEEE Trans. Veh. Technol., vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 2981-2996, Apr. 2017.
- D. Zwillinger, Table of integrals, series, and products. Elsevier, 2014.