What technology for efficient support of sustainable development?
Citation: Proceedings of the 2015 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 5, pages 1651–1654 (2015)
Abstract. Sustainable development is among the greatest challenges of this century. Sustainability and development are apparently opposite. The traditional approaches try to manage the planet protection without taking the best from technology while eco-innovation focus on smart transportation, smart use of energy and water and waste recycling. Many new concepts such as Smart, Intelligent, Green or Wise City were invented to promote … old technology. All these initiatives use data bases and machine to machine communication. The AI and KM approaches and techniques may be very useful not only for process optimization but also for simulation before doing and education of new behaviours and way of thinking. This talk will present the principal advantages of using AI for balancing planet protection and technological progress.
- G. H. Brundtland “Our Common Future”, United Nations, March 1987
- EU - sustainable development http://ec.europa.eu/environment
- EU eco-innovation http://ec.europa.eu/environment/ecoap/about-eco-innovation/index_en.htm
- C. Folke, C.S. Holling, C. Perrings ”Biological diversity, Ecosystems and the Human Scale”, Ecological applications 6(4), pp 1018-1024, Ecplogical society of America, 1996
- A. Lenkowa “Oskalpowana ziemia”, Omega, Wiedza Powszechna, Warszawa, 1969
- E. Mercier-Laurent “The Innovation Biosphere. Planet and Brains in Digital Era, Wiley, ISBN.
- Water footprint, http://www.empreinteh2o.com/
- E. Mercier “Innovation Ecosystems: Example of Eco-design Process, KAM & AI4KM, Fedscis 2013, Krakow
- E. Mercier-Laurent “Innovation Ecosystems”, Wiley, ISBN.
- United Nations https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org
- Z. Feng, M.Rio, R. Allais, P.Zwolinski, T. Reyes, L. Roucoules, E. Mercier-Laurent, N. Buclet “Toward a Systemic Navigation Framework to Integrate Sustainable Development into the Company”, Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 54, pp 199–214,1 September 2013.
- Ville Intelligente http://www.smartgrids-cre.fr
- Innovative City http://www.innovative-city.com
- “ICT for Societal Challenges. Digital Agenda for Europe”, Publication Office of the European Union, Luxemburg, 2013
- Circular Economy http://ec.europa.eu/environment/circular-economy/
- Planned Obsolescence and Perceived Obsolescence - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2KLyYKJGk0