Facility Location Models for Vehicle Sharing Systems
Alain Quiliot, Antoine Sarbinowski
Citation: Proceedings of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 8, pages 605–608 (2016)
Abstract. Vehicle sharing systems are part of the newly emerging systems which nowadays tend to reshape the urban mobility landscape. Designing such a system means locating stations which will allow users to pick up and give back vehicles, and setting related infrastructure. We propose here a strategic level Vehicle Sharing Station Location (VSSL) model, which is a bilevel model involving as slave problem a static Vehicle Sharing Rebalancing (VSR) model. We also present and test a decomposition algorithmic scheme which decomposes our problem into a master Facility Location problem, an intermediate Min-Cost Assignment problem and a slave PDP (Pick up and Delivery) problem.
- C. Archetti, M. Speranza: Vehicle routing problems with split deliveries; p 3-22, ITOR, (2012). http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-3995.2011.00811.x
- M. Benchimol, P. Benchimol, B. Chappert, A. De la Taille, F. Laroche, F. Meunier, L. Robinet: Balancing the stations of a self service bike hiring systems, RAIRO-RO 45, p 37-61, (2011). http://dx.doi.org/10.1051/ro/2011102
- D. Chemla, F. Meunier, R. Wolfler Calvo: Bike sharing systems: solving the static rebalancing problem; Discrete Optimization 10 (2), p 120-146, (2013). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.disopt.2012.11.005
- D. Gavalas, C. Konstantopoulos, G. Pantziou: Design and management of vehicle sharing systems: a survey of algorithmic approaches; ArXiv e-prints, October 2015. https://arxiv.org/abs/1510.01158v1
- G. H. Kek, R. L. Cheu, Q. Meng, C. Ha Fung: A study on the vehicle size and transfer policy for car rental problems Transportation Res. E: Logistics and Transp. Review 64 (1), p 110-121, (2014), http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2014.01.007
- M. Nourinedjad, M. J. Roorda: A dynamic carsharing decision support system; Transp. Res. E, 66, p 36-50, 2014). http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2014.03.003
- B. Bernay, S. Deleplanque, A. Quilliot: Routing in Dynamic Networks: Grasp Versus Genetics, 7 th WCO Workshop, FEDCIS Conf, Warwsaw, p 487, 492, (2014) http://dx.doi.org/10.15439/978-83-60810-58-3
- A. Klose, A. Drexl: “Facility location models for distribution systems”; EJOR 162, p 429-449, 2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejor.2003.10.031.