Megamodel-based Management of Dynamic Tool Integration in Complex Software Systems
El Hadji Bassirou Toure, Ibrahima Fall, Alassane Bah, Mamadou Samba Camara
Citation: Position Papers of the 2016 Federated Conference on Computer Science and Information Systems, M. Ganzha, L. Maciaszek, M. Paprzycki (eds). ACSIS, Vol. 9, pages 211–218 (2016)
Abstract. The development of complex software systems is more and more based on the composition and integration of autonomous component systems. This can be done either statically (proactive approach) at development-time or dynamically through a reactive approach in which a new composite system can possibly be created on-demand and/or at run-time from existing systems. With the aim of constructing and managing such complex and reactive software systems, we propose a megamodel-based environment supporting dynamic tool integration. Such an environment must therefore be consistent at any time (i.e. before, during and after an integration) and should also have to exhibit some self-* properties (such self management, self-healing and self-configuration). In order to meet these challenges we propose the use of Hoare's Axiomatic Semantics and some inference rules to maintain the integrity of the megamodel and its components. For that we have defined a formal-safe execution as well as an execution semantic for each operation likely to modify the megamodel contents.
- Bezivin, J., Jouault, F., And Valduriez, P. On the need for megamodels. In Proceedings of the OOPSLA/GPCE: Best Practices for Model-Driven Software Development workshop, 19th Annual ACM Conference on Object Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications.(2004, October).
- Iovino, L., Pierantonio, A., And Malavolta, I. On the Impact Significance of Metamodel Evolution in MDE. Journal of Object Technology, 11(3), 3-1.(2012).
- Bezivin ,J., Jouault, F., Rosenthal, P. And P. Valduriez. Modeling in the Large and Modeling in the Small., In Proc. of European MDA Workshops: Foundations and Applications (MDAFA’05). LNCS 3599/2005, pp. 33-46. Springer, 2005.
- Kling, W., Jouault, F., Wagelaar, D., Brambilla, M., And Cabot, J. MoScript: A DSL for querying and manipulating model repositories. In Software Language Engineering (pp. 180-200). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.(2011).
- Seibel A., Neumann S., Giese H. Dynamic Hierarchical Mega Models: Comprehensive Traceability and its Efficient Maintenance. Software and System Modeling 9(4):493-528, 2009.
- Vignaga A. , Jouault F., Bastarrica M. C., Bruneliere H. Typing in Model Management. , In R. F. Paige, editor, Second International Conference on Model Transformation. Theory and Practice of Model Transformations, volume 5563 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pages 197-212. Springer, 2009.
- Wasserman, A. I. Tool integration in software engineering environments. In Software Engineering Environments (pp. 137-149). Springer Berlin Heidelberg.(1990).
- Thomas, I and Nejmeh, B. A. Definitions of tool integration for environments. , IEEE Software, 9(2):29-35, March 1992.
- Bousso, M., Sall, O., Thiam, M., Lo, M., Toure, E. H. B. Ontology Change Estimation Based on Axiomatic Semantic and Entropy Measure. In Signal Image Technology and Internet Based Systems (SITIS), 2012 Eighth International Conference on (pp. 458-465). (2012, November). IEEE.
- Fujii, K., and Suda, T. Dynamic service composition using semantic information. In Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on Service oriented computing (pp. 39-48). ACM.(2004, November).
- Mens, T., Mens, K., And Wuyts, R. On the use of declarative meta programming for managing architectural software evolution. In Proceedings of the ECOOP’ 2000 Workshop on Object-Oriented Architectural Evolution, (2000, June).
- P. Atzeni, P. Cappellari, P. Bernstein A multilevel dictionary for model management , Int. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling (ER), Klagenfurt, Nov. 2005.
- T. Reiter, E. Kapsammer, W. Retschitzegger, W. Schwinger Model Integration Through Mega Operations, Workshop on Model-driven Web Engineering (MDWE), Sydney, July 2005
- G. Straw et al. Model Composition Directives, 7th UML Conference, Lisbon, 2004.
- Vogel, T., Giese, H. A language for feedback loops in self-adaptive systems: Executable runtime megamodels. (2012, June). In Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Software Engineering for Adaptive and Self-Managing Systems (pp. 129-138). IEEE Press.
- Song, H., Huang, G., Chauvel, F., Sun, Y.: Applying MDE Tools at Runtime: Experiments upon Runtime Models. In: Models@run.time 10. CEUR-WS.org, vol. 641, pp. 25-36 (2010)
- Hoare, C.A.R., An Axiomatic Basis for Computer Programming. Communications of the ACM 12, 10, 576-583, October 1969.
- Pottinger, R. A., Bernstein, P. A. Merging models based on given correspondences. In Proceedings of the 29th international conference on Very large data bases-Volume 29 (pp. 862-873). VLDB Endowment (2003, September).
- Mennie, D., Pagurek, B. An architecture to support dynamic composition of service components. Systems and Computer Engineering. Carleton University, Canada. (2000)
- Blair, G., Bencomo, N., France, R. B. Models@ run. time. Computer, 42(10), 22-27.(2009).
- Salay, R., Mylopoulos, J., Easterbrook, S. Using macromodels to manage collections of related models. In Advanced Information Systems Engineering (pp. 141-155). Springer Berlin Heidelberg. (2009, June).